Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is murdered out still in?

Is murdered out still in?

• Yes

Votes: 49 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 101 67.3%

• Total voters
only if you dont refer to it as "murdered out" how about "colormatched"

"Murdered out" sounds like a 14 year old blaring lil wayne in a sideways cap and a tall tee telling his buddies what hes gonna do to his car "this summer when i save up some money bro"

and mudflaps belong on duallys. please dont put them on a performance car. unless they have yosemite sam on them and you strap bull horns to the hood. Yee haww!

but seriously, all black looks ok, but it gets old. i think cars look better with some sort of focal point. when its all black it negates the standout features of the car.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Can't do it in my nieborhood.
It turns out I live just 1/2 mile from the area the local street racers use.
Fortunately after a few bad episodes, the Cops know me and my car and the leave me alone.

Dave

Murdered is matte/flat. And it works for me. But the OP isn't "murdered", IMO.

I don't care for tinted tails at all and I just realized I don't care for mudflaps on the car.

But black on black is tight. I can dig it.

DaveG99

I have a black Fist with black rims and 20% black tint. I love all black cars. But Im not going to color my tail lights. I like the black cars because it makes all the little black trim pieces and window tint blend in better.

Dib

I'd say it's still "in" because i still see a bunch of people doing it. to each his own, but I hate it when they tint the tail lights black. Sure it looks okay, some may say better, but during the day your break lights are barely visible, so you're inviting a rear ending, which would be your fault, but seen as the other persons. dick move.

Brura22

It was so over done for so many years, and still kinda is. I think its very unoriginal and looks like every other blacked out car out there

Triple black will always be in , there was nothing cooler than a first gen Camaro or cuda back in the 60s 70s , it will never go out of style , out of fad maybe , never out of style,

GAbOS

and not murdered.

I so dig it as well. subtle as shit and drives it home at the same time.

Now here's my reasoning as it tends to get lost. This is completely functional! Anything other wise would have had me either not respond or spew some hate shit. :)

GAbOS

This is me murdered half out for a day. lol I am still chrome shadow lines. I had the wheels well in advance of using them so I did a quick 2 coats before storage and mounting. The guys at the tire shop even called me to tell me the machine was eating up the black stuff. I told them that what it's there for, just try to keep it if you can. hee

I'm not a fan of the murdered out look, but then I'm not a huge fan of black cars. I prefer my wheels to be a different shade than the tires. I don't like tinted tails because it is unsafe. Sometimes in the bright sun it's hard to see an untinted brake light. I've seen some tint jobs that are hard to see when it's not bright and I almost didn't see a guy stopping one time because of it.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I'm not a fan of the murdered out look, but then I'm not a huge fan of black cars. I prefer my wheels to be a different shade than the tires. I don't like tinted tails because it is unsafe. Sometimes in the bright sun it's hard to see an untinted brake light. I've seen some tint jobs that are hard to see when it's not bright and I almost didn't see a guy stopping one time because of it.
Hey, you're in Roanoke. My family lives in Trophy Club and I went to high school in Justin.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
This is an ancient thread, which is partly why you don't see the pic.

only if you dont refer to it as "murdered out" how about "colormatched"

"Murdered out" sounds like a 14 year old blaring lil wayne in a sideways cap and a tall tee telling his buddies what hes gonna do to his car "this summer when i save up some money bro"

and mudflaps belong on duallys. please dont put them on a performance car. unless they have yosemite sam on them and you strap bull horns to the hood. Yee haww!

but seriously, all black looks ok, but it gets old. i think cars look better with some sort of focal point. when its all black it negates the standout features of the car.
Not that you'll likely reply from 2014 but, would you then prefer, "Assassinated" ? [wink]
I think the reference is from the fact that criminals often prefer to perform their work, disguised under the cover of night, with minimal profile, and attracting as little attention as possible. So I believe a truly "assassinated" vehicle will not only be blacked-out, but also have an ultra quiet, modified performance exhaust. So if you're blacked-out, running a fart-can, (and a "sound symposer,") I don't think that quite qualifies. [wink]

I have the black wheels with a black car. I never thought blacking out your taillights and headlights was in. It's just extremely dangerous, pointless and leaves you possibly liable in the event of a accident.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I don't think they're truly blacking them out to the point that visibility for others becomes an issue; just making them darker; effectively dimmer.

While I like the look of window tint, haven't personally sought it out because I like to be able to see a pedestrian wearing black clothing, crossing behind a stopped vehicle, out the side of my window before making a left turn through a busy intersection, on a moonless night. Similar concerns over visibility of road debris and craters. In other words, I like to be able to look as much as possible, before I leap. Side window tint may to some degree, compromise that; and I have *very* good night vision.