Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How To - Front Fiesta ST Bumper Removal

CanadianST

Figured with all the intercoolers and rads coming out this thread may come in handy for some in the future. So without further delay lets get started!

Tools you'll need

T20 Torx bit
T30 Torx bit (3/8 drive)
7mm socket ( 1/4 drive)
8mm socket (1/4 drive)
1/4 drive ratchet
3/8 drive ratchet
3/8 extension
3/8 to 1/4 adapter
8mm stubby wrench
Needle nose pliers
Phillips stubby screwdriver
Clip removal tool

STEP 1

Go to your fender wells and find the 2 bolts and one clip pictured. Grab your T20 torx bit and 7mm socket and take them out. Then grab your stubby screwdriver and turn the center of the clip. Once turned use a screw driver or better yet a clip removing tool to pop it out. Do this on both sides.

*Note - not pictured is an aditional T20 torx screw I missed at first, it is just above the others easisly seen.

STEP 2

Now we can remove the headlights.

All it takes is 2 T30 torx screws and a clip. Once they're out just jiggle the light around a bit and it will pop out. Once loose remember to disconect the connector on the bottom side. Just squeeze and pull.

STEP 3
Remove these two clips on the front of the bumper. They have an internal screw that you screw out then pop the clip out.

STEP 4

Here's where it turns into a pain. There are three 8mm bolts on each side where the bumper meets the fender.

The bottom can only be reached through the wheel well with an 8mm wrench or ratchet wrench it'll take some time but eventually will come out.

I found that the top two are reached with a 3/8 drive ratchet and extention with a 3/8 to 1/4 drive adapter using a 1/4 drive 8mm socket. My extension allows the socket to pivot slightly letting it get on these bolts easier but a normal one should work just take longer.

STEP 5

Unhook the fog lights. It's the exact same as the headlights just squeeze and pull.

STEP 6

Last step!

Go to the bottom of the bumper on the driver's side and find these three 7mm bolts.

After they are out move to the middle and remove one more.

Then on to the passengers side and mirror exactly what you did to the drivers side.

After this grab the bumper and carefully but firmly pull it off.

Done! Assembly is just the steps in reverse.

How To - Front Bumper Removal

Awesome. I've been waiting for something like this for the time when I eventually get a FMIC. And I know how difficult it can be to take pics of the process when all you want to do is get it done. Thank you.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Excellent write-up... this is going to be very helpful for a lot of people.

Thank you very much. I am sure everyone getting an fmic will value this, I know I do.