Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2JR Full Race Front Mount Intercooler

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #61
Hey! I was wondering how our large rad was doing for you in the PR. Glad it all worked out and you got it sorted. We never really ramped up production since Mishi kept hinting at one. Currently there are a couple charge pipes on the market so we didnt venture there. We can include one in the box for you, Cobb, ATP, etc.

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #62
We're trying to get this 300wtq bolt on turbo kit wrapped up. Simple swap over

To be honest I had to ditch the fans you guys sent me and go back to the stock shroud. The rad would heatsoak very quickly when standing still. But after going back to the stock shroud it has worked marvelously. Behaves like stock when driving around normally but really holds down the temps during the 20 minute sessions I run at track days. I still need an oil cooler to help a bit more on that end.

I'll give you guys a call again soon as I'm planning to purchase a few more things from you guys in the next month or two.

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #64
GTFO Did you cut the shroud by the flaps on the pass side - or leave it OEM. Damn that is good to know. How did you mount it?

Cut the flaps, and tied it to the rad with some passthrough ties similar to what came with the fans. Used like 8 of those ties, drilled the shroud and poked the ties through the rad. Used some foam insulation tape around the edge to seal it against the rad as well.

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #66
Genius. I think we will include that from now on. You removed the flaps?

Well shit. I better get to saving my lunch money to get in on the 400 dollar price. I'm assuming it's a direct bolt on, or will I need to purchase a mounting kit as well?

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #69
It is a direct bolt on. No modifications or special mounting is required. I've added this to the site, but here are the dimensions

2JR Intercooler
22x8.25x2.25 = 408.3 in squared (or 500 surface area) - 2JR intercooler is 33% Larger than stock. And you retain your crash bar.

OEM Intercooler
27x5.1x2 = 275.4 in squared (or 404" surface area)

I guess I will be the one to say it, I thought it would be bigger. This then puts it between the Mountune unit 420 in volume and the Levels unit @ 390 in. Not saying good or bad, just based on the pictures I thought it was going to be one of the largest volume. Great price still and it looks awesome.

I guess I will be the one to say it, I thought it would be bigger. This then puts it between the Mountune unit 420 in volume and the Levels unit @ 390 in. Not saying good no bad, just based on the pictures I thought it was going to be one of the largest volume. Great price still and it looks awesome.
Agreed. Especially being 8.25in tall, a lot of the core will be covered up. For $400 it's still a nice IC.

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #72
Our surface area is over 500. I dont know how the mountune is larger. Anyone have the specs on it?

Yes surface area is larger than Mountune, volume smaller than Mountune but with it being so tall is a bunch covered up? Any installed pics?
As for dimensions
Mountune IC
Core Dimensions:
29.25? x 5.75? x 2.5?
Core Volume:
420.47 in