Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
How close to stock height can I ride on whose coil overs?
Every set of coilovers I have every seen have height adjustable rings.
This of course is on many different brands, on many different cars.
These are not only to adjust ride height but also to set corner weights.
Although I have always set cars to lower then stock height, there has always been enough adjustment to do so.

I have only used the BC and Eibach coilovers on the FiST and both capable of setting to stock height.

Dave

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Dave, the Eibachs are an inverted design with the rears being a true coilover, correct?

I would be set up lower, but only slightly lower. But still higher than the Eibach lowering springs.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Dave, the Eibachs are an inverted design with the rears being a true coilover, correct?
This correct.
These started out as the B spec set with different valving and different weight springs.
The inverted setup was to reduce un-sprung weight.

You can still purchase the B spec set however Eibach US decided not to release a street version.
It turned out to be a liability thing.

The set that I have has a fully threaded shock barrel in the rear, however the springs have been relocated to the OE position.

Dave

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Liability for not having the spring in the OE position? Odd... Sounds more like pandering. Anyway, the B spec set has a spring rate that would knock your teeth out in a daily ride lol. Although, you would probably be able to take on a few jumps off of large speed bumps, lol. I'd prefer the set up in a more streetable version, but I guess, when the time comes, Eibach will still be my choice then.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The springs are replaceable and other rates can be ordered to fit your needs.

Dave

Dib

Found some coilovers on pumaspeed that I like, but the category is the 2dr ST, is it safe to assume that the suspension is the same between the 2 and 5dr?

Dib

well, just got an email from pumaspeed saying the 2dr and 5dr are the same, just in case i'm not the only one that didn't know

Although they are the same in terms of fitting, I don't know how the 2dr and 4dr would use the same damping and spring rates... The 4dr has to have more weight towards the rear with two additional doors, windows, motors,etc.

Having my Mountune springs installed and the shop called to inquire about which end is up on the rear ones. I had told them the tighter coils are on the top but there is some uncertainty. Anyone out there have them done and can enlighten me?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
on my Eibachs the tighter coils were up top as well. I'd be concerned that this shop didn't already know this...

My 2016 Fiesta ST is currently at Eibach R&D being fitted with Lowering Springs and Swaybars to see if the 2015 items fit.
If they need to design a new bar, Hopefully 2016 Eibach kit should be out soon.

I will post pictures once I hear back from them.
It's been there since 5/16.

Figured since it was my Birthday on the 19th, I would drop it off, Have some lowering springs which seem to add a decent drop but not ruin the ride.
Typically I would be on coilovers but will give this some time once I get the car back and see how it feels with the added front/rear swaybars.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
My 2016 Fiesta ST is currently at Eibach R&D being fitted with Lowering Springs and Swaybars to see if the 2015 items fit.
If they need to design a new bar, Hopefully 2016 Eibach kit should be out soon.

I will post pictures once I hear back from them.
It's been there since 5/16.

Figured since it was my Birthday on the 19th, I would drop it off, Have some lowering springs which seem to add a decent drop but not ruin the ride.
Typically I would be on coilovers but will give this some time once I get the car back and see how it feels with the added front/rear swaybars.
You lucky dog! Is Eibach giving you the hardware for free since your car is the guinea pig?

You lucky dog! Is Eibach giving you the hardware for free since your car is the guinea pig?

I should have all my stock hardware back as well as the items fitted at $0 cost.
The only downfall is the car being gone.

My only concern is, I am taking my car to Ford for a Oil Change at 7,500 miles
having them look at my Passenger Recaro a clip came undone inside and the pouch is loose on the left side and my Driver side A pillar pops up by the windshield but the passenger stays down fine.

I know some people have had no issues with mods and going to dealerships and my buddie takes his into our dealership and they like his car so no crap is ever given.
Hopefully the ride quality stays the same and the sway bars stiffen it up bit.

I just installed ST XTA coilovers on my 2016. I am amazed with the ride quality. Of all of the coils I've owned on various cars, I've never had a set that has ridden this nice. So much better than stock. Kudos to KW.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I should have all my stock hardware back as well as the items fitted at $0 cost.
The only downfall is the car being gone.

My only concern is, I am taking my car to Ford for a Oil Change at 7,500 miles
having them look at my Passenger Recaro a clip came undone inside and the pouch is loose on the left side and my Driver side A pillar pops up by the windshield but the passenger stays down fine.

I know some people have had no issues with mods and going to dealerships and my buddie takes his into our dealership and they like his car so no crap is ever given.
Hopefully the ride quality stays the same and the sway bars stiffen it up bit.

Since you live close I might suggest that you use Galpin Ford for service as I do.
As long as the mods have nothing to do with any warranty issue they should be overlooked.
After all Galpin does have their own mod center.

Eibach used my '14 ST for the first test of their springs and bars.
After they replaced their lowering springs with coilovers, I put the original prototype lowering springs on a '16 ST.
So you and Eibach will have no problems.

The only thing I found is that Eibach's front bar is too much so I use an OEM non-ST front bar.

BTW, Please say hello to Kevin Cao at Eibach for me and my car still rides great.

Dave

Since you live close I might suggest that you use Galpin Ford for service as I do.
As long as the mods have nothing to do with any warranty issue they should be overlooked.
After all Galpin does have their own mod center.

Eibach used my '14 ST for the first test of their springs and bars.
After they replaced their lowering springs with coilovers, I put the original prototype lowering springs on a '16 ST.
So you and Eibach will have no problems.

The only thing I found is that Eibach's front bar is too much so I use an OEM non-ST front bar.

BTW, Please say hello to Kevin Cao at Eibach for me and my car still rides great.

Dave
Will do, What was your reasoning for removing the front swaybar? That is awesome they worked out coilovers for you.
Was it after you had the springs they asked if you were interested in doing coilovers?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Will do, What was your reasoning for removing the front swaybar? That is awesome they worked out coilovers for you.
Was it after you had the springs they asked if you were interested in doing coilovers?
My reason for changing the front bar was that I found the Eibach bar to be too stiff for my liking.
The rear bar however, is great.
I originally installed a non-ST Fiesta rear bar but had to add spacers to fit correctly on the ST Twist Beam.
Eibach liked my modification and added different tabs to their non-ST rear bar and that is what they now offer for all the Fiestas.

Yes, Eibach was thinking of using the B-Spec coilovers for street/track use however they decided not to market these in the US.
To my knowledge I have the one and only US set.

Dave