Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
For that much money one is better off buying the MeisterR’s . Same price and a much more proven suspension for our cars. Has one BTC championships. If I was going to do it again I would probably get the MeisterR’s myself.

P.S. Fixed spring heights are fine if you like them suck if you don’t. Lol I am not a fan of Eibach springs out of first hand experience as well.
Well, damn, didn't know they made them for our car, pretty cool and they look great! But as far as the Eibach's, just saying they are a good suspension option without spending a whole lot... they drop a good 1.1" so they definitely are about the very edge of almost too low but the ride is fantastic... and of course everyone has to decide for themselves, but if you daily far more than you race I don't see why you should punish yourself with such a harsh and stiff ride when there is some suspension travel available to be used and still handle even a little better than stock too... but the Eibach do indeed match really well with '17+ stock shocks/struts, some harsh comparison were made when matched to the older part number shocks/struts that are too stiff... but I guess some people would rather stay harsh for the times they race, or even around town, whatever, some people simply prefer their FiST to be race car at all times... so for those people yeah, don't get a progressive rate at all then, hehe... but I know having lived and driven LA freeways, no way would I want a stiff non-progressive spring unless my car was literally mainly for racing, and it's far from that... Anyway, again, just saying for those who want a slightly softer ride that takes away most of the harshness but still handles great there's nothing wrong with just springs if that's all you need.

Fortune auto 500 series is very hard to beat for the money, I’m actually selling a set of eibach pro kit springs on stock struts with 18k miles. Just have to learn how to post on the sale page lol they ride very good for a DD but no where near as stiff as a dedicated coilover

HBEcoBeaST

Mountune is a fixed rate/height spring you have to pair with your choice of struts.

ISC are complete coilover kits you can adjust rebound/damping (not independently) and height. I've ridden in the isc basic streets and they seemed nice.

I just installed bilstein b14s for the regular Fiesta since I wanted the upgraded performance, minimal drop and I don't need the adjustability. The fiesta St b14s drop it too much but the kit I got is only .5-.75" drop at it's highest setting. Rides and performs great. Huge upgrade over OEM in every way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
Mountune is a fixed rate/height spring you have to pair with your choice of struts.

ISC are complete coilover kits you can adjust rebound/damping (not independently) and height. I've ridden in the isc basic streets and they seemed nice.

I just installed bilstein b14s for the regular Fiesta since I wanted the upgraded performance, minimal drop and I don't need the adjustability. The fiesta St b14s drop it too much but the kit I got is only .5-.75" drop at it's highest setting. Rides and performs great. Huge upgrade over OEM in every way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thanks man, I'll have to really look into them. I've only heard so little, so it doesn't help any. We'll just have to bite the bullet and try them out, hm?

SPhilli911

Concerning the "Clubsport" suspension kit from Mountune, the Bilstein B8 dampers and Mountune lowering springs: does Mountune ship the fronts with the springs installed already?

Also, side question, does anyone have issues ordering directly from Mountune USA? I placed an order a week and a half ago and it's been radio silent ever since. They listed the kit "ready to ship in 1-2 days" and my payment processed immediately, but they've not yet shipped and I've tried contacting them multiple times with no luck.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Concerning the "Clubsport" suspension kit from Mountune, the Bilstein B8 dampers and Mountune lowering springs: does Mountune ship the fronts with the springs installed already?

Also, side question, does anyone have issues ordering directly from Mountune USA? I placed an order a week and a half ago and it's been radio silent ever since. They listed the kit "ready to ship in 1-2 days" and my payment processed immediately, but they've not yet shipped and I've tried contacting them multiple times with no luck.
I do not think they ship preassembled. As far as Mountune shipping goes welcome to dealing with Mountune USA . They for the most part are cool peeps but tend to get backordered and are erratic with shipping stuff because of it. I know I was told something was not in stock but I went ahead and ordered it and got it pretty quickly I have seen people wait. The radio silence is kinda par for the course with them if stuff is out of stock. Did you actually call them? or just email? Also given the fact that a lot of businesses were not open due to Covid19 its even more hit and miss here. I know quite a few performance parts companies that have kept their doors open because essential business but you never know . They could be working on a skeleton crew basis. They could have had what you ordered in stock for like one car and someone ordered right before you. I always try to call as thats the best way email and text is for people afraid to actually talk on the phone don’t be afraid to give them a call if you have not already.

the duke

Yes. It's in the description.
"The mountune Clubsport Suspension system includes assembled front struts with all new genuine Ford components eliminating the need for a spring compressor during installation saving both time and money. "

As far as them being open I believe they never closed. I order pads from them in March at the start of shutdown and they arrived within a week.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
"The mountune Clubsport Suspension system includes assembled front struts with all new genuine Ford components eliminating the need for a spring compressor during installation saving both time and money. "

As far as them being open I believe they never closed. I order pads from them in March at the start of shutdown and they arrived within a week.
I stand corrected!

SPhilli911

Thank you (and Dpro) for replying. That may not have been in the description at the time I placed the order, but the company was nice enough to reply to me shortly after I made that post. They did in fact arrive assembled. I ordered long before the Covid thing caused closures and shipping issues.

the duke

So. Bilstein B6s are not listed for the ST180 in the UK, Their only offerings are Full Coilovers or B8s.

I'm wondering if the B8s are the default damper for STs across the pond. I also wonder if the B6s are for the regular Fiesta and the B8s are for the ST...

the duke

So i got a response from Bilstein UK. Despite me not finding the B6 widely available, the situation is the same. Bilstein UK also recommend the B6 for OEM springs.

Not sure I'm gonna get any feedback on Reddit so I'm just gonna throw my questions out here... Car has 150,000 km so I'm sure it'd benefit from new suspension although tbh it doesn't feel bad at all (but I've only had the car for 5000 km)

Would the MeisterR ZetaCRD's be a good choice for autocross (including the drive to the course)?

Are they adjustable from stock height to about a 2" drop? Its important that I can go back to stock height for winters, but I also would like a bit of a summer drop to hug my 215/46r16 Falkens.

Are those damper adjustment cables worth buying? Seems like it'd be handy for converting to race mode in the parking lot but I don't know how easy it is to adjust just by crouching down beside the car (I don't do changeovers at the course)...no need to spend an extra $100 unless they're particularly useful.

Do I need anything else or does the kit include everything?

Anyone know if MeisterR has predictable sales/discounts?

Are there other options I should consider/am I overspending by going for Meisterr?

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Not sure I'm gonna get any feedback on Reddit so I'm just gonna throw my questions out here... Car has 150,000 km so I'm sure it'd benefit from new suspension although tbh it doesn't feel bad at all (but I've only had the car for 5000 km)

Would the MeisterR ZetaCRD's be a good choice for autocross (including the drive to the course)?

Are they adjustable from stock height to about a 2" drop? Its important that I can go back to stock height for winters, but I also would like a bit of a summer drop to hug my 215/46r16 Falkens.

Are those damper adjustment cables worth buying? Seems like it'd be handy for converting to race mode in the parking lot but I don't know how easy it is to adjust just by crouching down beside the car (I don't do changeovers at the course)...no need to spend an extra $100 unless they're particularly useful.

Do I need anything else or does the kit include everything?

Anyone know if MeisterR has predictable sales/discounts?

Are there other options I should consider/am I overspending by going for Meisterr?
They would be fine for Autocross except you need to look at class rules to see if I remember correctly they would put you in a modified class were your up against more powerful cars. You should address the rules first . They will easily adjust to a 2 inch drop. Mine came with the damper adjustment cables . MeisterR‘s are already very reasonably priced . If you want a sale price I would say look around holidays maybe. Also some vendors carry them but a lot of us just bought direct. The kit is everything.

the duke

They would be fine for Autocross except you need to look at class rules to see if I remember correctly they would put you in a modified class were your up against more powerful cars. You should address the rules first . They will easily adjust to a 2 inch drop. Mine came with the damper adjustment cables . MeisterR‘s are already very reasonably priced . If you want a sale price I would say look around holidays maybe. Also some vendors carry them but a lot of us just bought direct. The kit is everything.
Agree, he needs to decide what he wants tot do with the car. Be competative and start looking at the rules. If it's for fun, who cares. With that said I can't say I'm personally a fan of adjustable C/Os on daily cars. Race car parts suck on street cars. Good set-ups can be made with off-the-shelf direct replacement components. And with 150K KMs, any new shock/spring will be a giant upgrade.

I also want to stress, just because you can get adjustablity, doesn't mean you will/can take advantage of it. Properly setting up a car requires knowledge of the car, suspension function, physics, and will to constantly iterate. Or just be lazy like me and get a good spring/shock with some camber bolts and just drive the car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^As well as access to corner/cross-weighting services.

IF this is going to be a fair summer weather ONLY 'race car', then woodford86 does not have to worry about the grit, grime, and 'salt soup' corrosive 'baths' his car's suspension will get during a Northland winter, and the utter havoc they will wreak on the threads/collars/etc., so at that point coil overs are not quite as impractical.

But, if this is a year round daily driver, including those Canuck winters, you are more than correct in suggesting the OEM style strut and spring replacement options (which yes, would also keep him in a much more competitive class for autocross as well). [thumb]