Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Good points, I've got more homework to do. I didn't even think about classing, I believe I'm already in street touring due to whoosh catted downpipe(?), but tbh this will be my first year in the championship...I've only done some local events before this (class: fwd lol)

Or just be lazy like me and get a good spring/shock with some camber bolts and just drive the car.
This is definitely more my approach to things

the duke

^^^As well as access to corner/cross-weighting services.

IF this is going to be a fair summer weather ONLY 'race car', then woodford86 does not have to worry about the grit, grime, and 'salt soup' corrosive 'baths' his car's suspension will get during a Northland winter, and the utter havoc they will wreak on the threads/collars/etc., so at that point coil overs are not quite as impractical.

But, if this is a year round daily driver, including those Canuck winters, you are more than correct in suggesting the OEM style strut and spring replacement options (which yes, would also keep him in a much more competitive class for autocross as well). [thumb]
Goddamn Cannukistan winters…

Would the MeisterR ZetaCRD's be a good choice for autocross (including the drive to the course)?
I autocrossed them this summer and I thought they were great. I enjoyed the car way more than with stock suspension in slaloms. Ultimately, I took them off because the combination of worn RE71RS and pillow ball mounts was too much for me during daily driving. That being said, afterwards I discovered that REs contributed a _significant_ portion of that noise, haha. So much that, in retrospect, I think if you normally daily a less aggressive tire and swap wheels for autocross days, I could've stuck with them.

In terms of year round use, I have a friend who keeps GT1s which have similar outer construction as ZetaCRDs on year round and they seem to do fine (that's with West coast weather / salting practices, however). Once you set the height you're happy with, it doesn't really matter if threads get gunked up or corroded somewhat.

Last edited: