Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    New Member
    Medals
     
    Member #
    56
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    City
    northern new york
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    13
    Rep Points
    1

    back up camera/ bumper beepers

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Perhaps i am incorrect and maybe someone can find our the true story , but i find it odd that the ST does not offer (even as an option) either a back up camera nor the bumper beepers. I have the beepers on my current focus and find them great.... i can even park by sound w/o having to look back....and more than once i avoided hitting someone walking in my blindspot because the beepers went off.

    Seeing as the ST is the 'image leader' of the fiesta lineup ya think ford would have these items available.... even the mundane fiesta Ti has a back up camera!

    if anyone has info about this it'd be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Member alexanderfreenote's Avatar
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts
    Member #
    44
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    City
    Toronto
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    351
    Rep Points
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
    Perhaps i am incorrect and maybe someone can find our the true story , but i find it odd that the ST does not offer (even as an option) either a back up camera nor the bumper beepers. I have the beepers on my current focus and find them great.... i can even park by sound w/o having to look back....and more than once i avoided hitting someone walking in my blindspot because the beepers went off.

    Seeing as the ST is the 'image leader' of the fiesta lineup ya think ford would have these items available.... even the mundane fiesta Ti has a back up camera!

    if anyone has info about this it'd be appreciated.
    i think the ride would cost around $35,000 fully loaded so they figured to leave it out. it is a drivers car after all, not meant for seniors.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Medals
     
    Member #
    56
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    City
    northern new york
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    13
    Rep Points
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by alexanderfreenote View Post
    i think the ride would cost around $35,000 fully loaded so they figured to leave it out. it is a drivers car after all, not meant for seniors.
    Not sure where u ger ur 35k price from, even a focus st doesnt go that high. In any case the back up beepers or a camera has nothing to do with seniors or enthusiast drivers, but simply with safety

  4. #4
    Staff Team Staff Team 56 Rep Points MKVIIST's Avatar
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 25 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 50 Rep Points
    Member #
    2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,505
    Rep Points
    56
    I don't why in the US we don't get the backup camera in either models. In fact we don't even get the backup sensors. That being said, I haven't found any video adapter yet for the Sony with Sat Nav system that will allow you to install an aftermarket camera. However I was told that the same navigation system is used both in the ST and the Titanium models. So its definitely doable from the dealers, just not sure if it's worth the extra cost.

    One option you can do is get an aftermarket unit which comes with a display built into the rear-view mirror.

  5. #5
    New Member Old Pirate's Avatar
    Medals
     
    Member #
    63
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    City
    Palm Harbor
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    69
    Rep Points
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MKVIIST View Post
    One option you can do is get an aftermarket unit which comes with a display built into the rear-view mirror.
    We got them in our company F350 Vans, a life saver!

  6. #6
    New Member
    Medals
     
    Member #
    56
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    City
    northern new york
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    13
    Rep Points
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MKVIIST View Post
    I don't why in the US we don't get the backup camera in either models. In fact we don't even get the backup sensors. That being said, I haven't found any video adapter yet for the Sony with Sat Nav system that will allow you to install an aftermarket camera. However I was told that the same navigation system is used both in the ST and the Titanium models. So its definitely doable from the dealers, just not sure if it's worth the extra cost.

    In the usa the titanium '14 fiesta has a back up camera.....ive seen it.

  7. #7
    Staff Team Staff Team 56 Rep Points MKVIIST's Avatar
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 25 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 50 Rep Points
    Member #
    2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,505
    Rep Points
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
    In the usa the titanium '14 fiesta has a back up camera.....ive seen it.
    You're right I just noticed that now when I went to Ford's site to confirm. Never noticed it before.


  8. #8
    Staff Team Staff Team 8 Rep Points lessard.dcj's Avatar
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 5 Rep Points
    Member #
    40
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    City
    Petawawa
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    898
    Rep Points
    8
    the Euro version has backup sensors on it, or was it the Australian version, i know i saw it though on an ST

  9. #9
    Member alexanderfreenote's Avatar
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts
    Member #
    44
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    City
    Toronto
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    351
    Rep Points
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
    Not sure where u ger ur 35k price from, even a focus st doesnt go that high. In any case the back up beepers or a camera has nothing to do with seniors or enthusiast drivers, but simply with safety
    i think the options of camera and sensors would be nice, but like i said, the price would be well over $30,000 and a lot of folks will not pay that kind of money for a fiesta.
    to prove my point i built a fully loaded fiesta titanium hatch on the canadian website. the total came out to $27,436

    now, i paid around $28,500 for my ST without the painted wheels. imagine adding a turbo, recaro seats, painted wheels plus other modifications they did to the ST. it would be very pricey my friend

  10. #10
    New Member
    Medals
     
    Member #
    56
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    City
    northern new york
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    13
    Rep Points
    1
    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    a camera will add only about 150.00$usd to the price of the car and beepers far less than 100$usd.. i just went to fords site and configured a fully loaded fiesta ti w/ auto for only 22,045$usd... no where near thirty K u.s. Even accounting for canadian prices being higher it would not be near 30K to spend 150 bucks to add a camera to the fiesta ST


 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Any way to tilt the Recaro headrests back?
    By ST_Rocky in forum Interior Upgrades & Modifications
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 11:10 AM
  2. Cobb / mtune - back to stock
    By Kaneda in forum Performance Tuning
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 02:33 PM
  3. Is anyone ready for Formula One to start back up!!!
    By STooge in forum Off Topic Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 11:05 PM
  4. She back in my driveway
    By Nufsaid in forum Fiesta ST Photos & Media
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-18-2013, 04:32 PM
  5. Spy Shots: 2012 Ford Fiesta ST ready to back up its big brother
    By Fiesta ST News in forum Fiesta ST News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 11:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •