Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

back up camera/ bumper beepers

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I talked with Tony at NAV-TV. According to Tony, Fiesta STs can use the backup camera sold by NAV-TV. I'll post more complete info. All we need is myford touch.

"WestcoaST;

Then I have good news for you. Our MyFordTouch-Cam module will let you add an automatic rear camera to your car.

Thanks,

Tony"

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Nice job westcoaST.

Does it require their camera or can we use the OEM Fiesta backup camera? I hope theirs is less intrusive and require minimal drilling to the hatch.

Sounds great,if it isn't to much $ or a big hassle to install I'm def in,the back window is so small,haha.

-ry

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Anybody check with their service department to see if they can flash the unit to turn on the back up camera input?

I sure as hell hope it has the input, at least, no cable I can understand, saved a bit of weight......

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
as far as back up sensors go, from Ford the ones found on my 2007 f150 cost 180$ each and the truck has 4... better off with a camera i think.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
My local service department is going to hook up their scanner to see if they can turn on the back up camera input:)

If this has been proven to not work please let me know.

I cannot take the car in for awhile yet as all apart for some very serious upgrades to everything:)

Rick

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
According to NAV-TV.com they or Ford can turn the backup cam on, once it's installed, look on utube for their install on a focus

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Ford would not turn on video or nav inputs while in motion but just getting the back up camera would be dang fine.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Way down in my list of mods. Check with NAV-TV. They say they can do it. They also offer backup cameras.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
This intrigues me but about $750.00 in parts plus the install is a lot.

Dave

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
But you are lucky.
You don't need to backup.
You can just go forward and in a little while you are right back where you started. LOL

I used to drive on Kawai in the early 70's when they only had one road.
Maui is just a little bigger, right?

Dave

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I looked into NAV-TV some time back, pretty nuts price, far to much for me to say the least!

You can install a rear view mirror with a display and a camera for a great deal less. I might see if the one from my Duramax is not to big or heavy as I will not need it when I put in a 7" screen HU with camera input in that rig.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Maybe if enough of us complain to Ford for leaving this out as an option they will turn it on in a software update.....start a petition, online, go to all the forums, etc.......it is simply a very poor call on their part with absolutely no good reason I can imagine for leaving it out of this car.