Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

back up camera/ bumper beepers

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
From what I understand, if you have the Premium sound package and NAV then you already have what is in the Titanium.
The only difference is the wiring harness and lack of the camera.
In addition sense the Back-Up Camera was not offered as an option, so the BCM is not programmed for it.

This lead me to ask a buddy of mine, who is the Shop Forman at my dealer about reprogramming the BCM.
I was told that although the car is worked on at the dealer, ALL programming is now done by Ford via internet connection.
Your VIN is entered and also read in the module to be programmed and set to as originally supplied by Ford.
This is why NAV-TV has set their price, as they also provide the software update that Ford will not.

Dave

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thanks, I recall some of that now, I had talked to my local dealer and they were going to look into it, last spring....

Has this been brought up through their rep here?

If not so I will start there and work my way up, I cannot imagine any good reason they do not take care of this for us.

Rick

meFiSTo

Eeesh. I think I'll get a carbon fiber hood instead. Hah. Kidding. I got coilovers instead. True.

;)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I too would like to do this for less money.
However I do prefer the more OE ford look.
I also have seen and used the mirror style screens and don't care for them.
Fortunately I already have a set of coilovers and I don't want a CF hood. LOL

Once we get more info on 100% compatibility, I will ask about group buy options.

Dave

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Economics...charge pie in the sky prices and sell a few. Charge a reasonable amount and sell a ton of them. They've already done the research and invested the time to develop the product so their costs are fixed for the hard items and no where near $750. Bad economics if you ask me.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I would love to buy one that did all of what NAV-TV's does for half the price.
This is now a very limited market.
In a couple of years ALL new cars will have mandatory back-up cams.

There are many back-up cam systems available today.
Many for a lot less money.
I am not suggesting that anyone buy from NAV-TV, just discussing the features of their system.
They are just the BEST that I have found so far.
I am very sure a system can be found that will better fit anyone's needs, wants and budget.

I would be very happy to read about another system that is suggested or tested here as I too am still looking.
Or we could just continue to turn our heads for free. LOL

Dave