Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

back up camera/ bumper beepers

Perhaps i am incorrect and maybe someone can find our the true story , but i find it odd that the ST does not offer (even as an option) either a back up camera nor the bumper beepers. I have the beepers on my current focus and find them great.... i can even park by sound w/o having to look back....and more than once i avoided hitting someone walking in my blindspot because the beepers went off.

Seeing as the ST is the 'image leader' of the fiesta lineup ya think ford would have these items available.... even the mundane fiesta Ti has a back up camera!

if anyone has info about this it'd be appreciated.

Perhaps i am incorrect and maybe someone can find our the true story , but i find it odd that the ST does not offer (even as an option) either a back up camera nor the bumper beepers. I have the beepers on my current focus and find them great.... i can even park by sound w/o having to look back....and more than once i avoided hitting someone walking in my blindspot because the beepers went off.

Seeing as the ST is the 'image leader' of the fiesta lineup ya think ford would have these items available.... even the mundane fiesta Ti has a back up camera!

if anyone has info about this it'd be appreciated.
i think the ride would cost around $35,000 fully loaded so they figured to leave it out. it is a drivers car after all, not meant for seniors.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
i think the ride would cost around $35,000 fully loaded so they figured to leave it out. it is a drivers car after all, not meant for seniors.
Not sure where u ger ur 35k price from, even a focus st doesnt go that high. In any case the back up beepers or a camera has nothing to do with seniors or enthusiast drivers, but simply with safety

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I don't why in the US we don't get the backup camera in either models. In fact we don't even get the backup sensors. That being said, I haven't found any video adapter yet for the Sony with Sat Nav system that will allow you to install an aftermarket camera. However I was told that the same navigation system is used both in the ST and the Titanium models. So its definitely doable from the dealers, just not sure if it's worth the extra cost.

One option you can do is get an aftermarket unit which comes with a display built into the rear-view mirror.

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
I don't why in the US we don't get the backup camera in either models. In fact we don't even get the backup sensors. That being said, I haven't found any video adapter yet for the Sony with Sat Nav system that will allow you to install an aftermarket camera. However I was told that the same navigation system is used both in the ST and the Titanium models. So its definitely doable from the dealers, just not sure if it's worth the extra cost.

In the usa the titanium '14 fiesta has a back up camera.....ive seen it.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
In the usa the titanium '14 fiesta has a back up camera.....ive seen it.
You're right I just noticed that now when I went to Ford's site to confirm. Never noticed it before.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
the Euro version has backup sensors on it, or was it the Australian version, i know i saw it though on an ST

Not sure where u ger ur 35k price from, even a focus st doesnt go that high. In any case the back up beepers or a camera has nothing to do with seniors or enthusiast drivers, but simply with safety
i think the options of camera and sensors would be nice, but like i said, the price would be well over $30,000 and a lot of folks will not pay that kind of money for a fiesta.
to prove my point i built a fully loaded fiesta titanium hatch on the canadian website. the total came out to $27,436

now, i paid around $28,500 for my ST without the painted wheels. imagine adding a turbo, recaro seats, painted wheels plus other modifications they did to the ST. it would be very pricey my friend

OP
C
Thread Starter #10
a camera will add only about 150.00$usd to the price of the car and beepers far less than 100$usd.. i just went to fords site and configured a fully loaded fiesta ti w/ auto for only 22,045$usd... no where near thirty K u.s. Even accounting for canadian prices being higher it would not be near 30K to spend 150 bucks to add a camera to the fiesta ST

a camera will add only about 150.00$usd to the price of the car and beepers far less than 100$usd.. i just went to fords site and configured a fully loaded fiesta ti w/ auto for only 22,045$usd... no where near thirty K u.s. Even accounting for canadian prices being higher it would not be near 30K to spend 150 bucks to add a camera to the fiesta ST
it is pricier in canada but not much, plus we get pimped with the 13% sales tax that was added to the price.

my point was, though, if the fiesta ti fully loaded costs 27,000 and change. how much much would the exact same options cost on an ST? you would be adding the turbo, the recaros, and other mods they made to the ST.

i would love to have the cam and sensors, but i can live without it with no issues. just saying, i think ford already thought about it well and long and decided it wouldn't work for whatever reason, i was thinking price but maybe not.

OP
C
Thread Starter #14
thnx for that.. may be a good option.. who makes the rear view mirror camera set and do you have recommendations for which
is better if there are multiple manufacturers?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I emailed Nav-Tv.com about a rear view camera setup for our Fiesta STs using our stock screens. We'll see if there is any interest. If you are interested, send an email (message) to them also. This would also make a good present for my wife's Focus. She really wants the backup camera. I think I'll take her car to Al and Eds for an install and surprise her for Mother's day.