Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Weighted Shift Knobs

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

MOFiST

Free plug!
I bought an Oval 370 from you guys (no pics as yet coz my car's a mess) & for sure it gives more positive throws and adds a little more height! It also looks great to boot.
That's with the standard bushings. I've also got your bushings to fit. [like]

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I ordered the round knob during their labor day sale. I heard the Oval one is kinda hard to grab some times so I went with their round one. I have Cobbs knob and as much as I like the height it's just too light. I'll compare it to boombas and see which one I prefer. Boombas should be here tomorrow.

Let us know how the bushings feel when you install them!

MOFiST

I'll say it's just different to grab. I wouldn't say it's hard. I went with the oval for extra height.
Lifting the reverse collar is a little bit more tricky but nothing I'm concerned with.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I'm pretty sure the Oval one is around the same height as the Cobb one which I love. But I don't want grab it from the side like I imagine you grab the Oval one. I know the round one is higher than the stock so but hopefully it's not too much shorter than Cobbs and your oval one.

UPDATE: Just received my round weighted knob and it's amazing! I took off my Cobb knob and put Boomba's on and the difference is incredible. Shifting is so easy with it. The weight, shape, and feel are all great. I would highly recommend this as your knob upgrade. Great product Boomba. Can't wait to install your other shifting mods!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
I'm pretty sure the Oval one is around the same height as the Cobb one which I love. But I don't want grab it from the side like I imagine you grab the Oval one. I know the round one is higher than the stock so but hopefully it's not too much shorter than Cobbs and your oval one.

UPDATE: Just received my round weighted knob and it's amazing! I took off my Cobb knob and put Boomba's on and the difference is incredible. Shifting is so easy with it. The weight, shape, and feel are all great. I would highly recommend this as your knob upgrade. Great product Boomba. Can't wait to install your other shifting mods!
Awesome! We really appreciate the update and the endorsement!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #53
Both sizes of shift knobs in stock and ready to ship! 270g Round and 370g Oval weighted shift knobs help with shifting momentum and positive shift engagement!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
Both flavors of shift knobs, 270g "Round" and 370g "Oval", are available and ready to ship! Shell is machined from high quality delrin for "temperature management" and features a solid brass core for weight!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Completely agree. Especially coming from the Cobb knob which is too light for me personally this one is perfect.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #57
Def need this ! This might be my first upgrade ,I despise the stock knob . A
Absolutely! The added weight really helps with shifting momentum and the delrin shell keeps the whole knob from getting too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter! We have plenty of both size knobs in stock!

Completely agree. Especially coming from the Cobb knob which is too light for me personally this one is perfect.
Thanks for the feedback and thanks for choosing Boomba!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #59
Will get one soon . Is there any chance these knobs will come in red?
At this point, no. Only black delrin will be offered. We hope you do pick one up still tho! Both sizes in stock and ready to ship!