Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

10 most American-made cars

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Sad only 1 Ford lol.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
The FoST is made in America. Well assembled in America anyway.
Cars.com's American-Made Index rates vehicles built and bought in the U.S. Factors include the percentage of parts considered domestic under federal regulations, whether the car is assembled in the U.S. and U.S. sales. We disqualify models with a domestic-parts content rating below 75 percent, models built exclusively outside the U.S. or models soon to be discontinued without a U.S.-built successor.
Probably too many foreign parts on the Focus haha.

That's what i figured too. That's why i corrected myself to assembled in America lol
Maybe in Central America (Mexico) but not in North America. They are assembled in Cuautitlan, Mexico. The drivetrain and engine are defitenely manufactured from the UK. The ST was created (or tuned) in Lommel Belgium. Oh, and an American (Me) bought mine in Virginia. That's global.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Ironic that the jap cars that where built in Japan were basically indestructible, and now that they are made here... They are having lots of issues.

My fav example is the DSM. Car built in the USA, motor built in japan. Motor is epic and tough as a coffin nail, but the car fell apart around the driveline.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Ironic that the jap cars that where built in Japan were basically indestructible, and now that they are made here... They are having lots of issues.

My fav example is the DSM. Car built in the USA, motor built in japan. Motor is epic and tough as a coffin nail, but the car fell apart around the driveline.
Well now you have a car built in Mexico and a motor built by the British. What could go wrong? ;)

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
My srt4 was built in Mexico, and it was about indestructible, lol. I'm hoping the Fist can provide the same durability under less load, and much less power.

Yea... UK built motor, lol. Let's just say I'm not a fan over range rover or Austin Martin :)

Interesting that for the domestic brands, the representative vehicle is their flagship vehicle:

Dodge - Viper
Ford - F150
Chevy - Corvette

Maybe in Central America (Mexico) but not in North America. They are assembled in Cuautitlan, Mexico. The drivetrain and engine are defitenely manufactured from the UK. The ST was created (or tuned) in Lommel Belgium. Oh, and an American (Me) bought mine in Virginia. That's global.
FYI: Mexico is in North America

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Maybe in Central America (Mexico) but not in North America. They are assembled in Cuautitlan, Mexico.

Since when is Mexico in Central America?

This makes me sad that people think this.

Where do people think Brazil is located? Europe?

More Central then North. And what's with the rift?? I am well versed in Geography and don't appreciate your condescending attitude. Oh and Brazil is South America. The speak Portuguese not Spanish as a first language. I've also lived and visited more countries than you will ever see. You make me sad by showing what an arse you are. Thank you

razorlab

1000 Post Club
More Central then North. And what's with the rift?? I am well versed in Geography and don't appreciate your condescending attitude. Oh and Brazil is South America. The speak Portuguese not Spanish as a first language. I've also lived and visited more countries than you will ever see. You make me sad by showing what an arse you are. Thank you
i was taking the piss out of the post above mine. Sorry my sarcasm didn't translate over well I guess.

SICKESSS-ST

Lol! Mexico is in North America, not Central America so the "more Central than North" is inaccurate. Anyway, let's not take this too seriously, now that we know where Mexico and Brazil are located and that Brazilians speak Portuguese and not Spanish, which I don't think was part of this discussion, lol. Hope my sarcasm translates better than razorlab's, lol. [boxface]

No sarcasm here, there's no such thing as "more central than north". I was just pointing out a "fact", I don't see a reason why MY post would make anyone upset.

"FYI: Mexico is in North America"

Cheers!

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Alright, let's put this to rest right now you silly Americans. This is redonk.

North America REGION consists of:
Canada
Mexico
United States

Central America REGION consists of:
Belize
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Guatemala
Honduras
Nicaragua
Panama

South America REGION consists of:
Argentina
Bolivia
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Ecuador
French Guiana
Guyana
Paraguay
Peru
Suriname
Uruguay
Venezuela

All of them combined are referred to as "The Americas"

There is also the Caribbean which consists of:

Antigua & Barbuda
Aruba
Bahamas
Barbados
Cayman Islands
Cuba
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Grenada
Guadeloupe
Haiti
Jamaica
Martinique
Puerto Rico
Saint Barth?lemy
St. Kitts & Nevis
St. Lucia
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad & Tobago
Turks & Caicos Islands
Virgin Islands

SICKESSS-ST

Alright, let's put this to rest right now you silly Americans. This is redonk.

North America REGION consists of:
Canada
Mexico
United States

Central America REGION consists of:
Belize
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Guatemala
Honduras
Nicaragua
Panama

South America REGION consists of:
Argentina
Bolivia
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Ecuador
French Guiana
Guyana
Paraguay
Peru
Suriname
Uruguay
Venezuela

All of them combined are referred to as "The Americas"

There is also the Caribbean which consists of:

Antigua & Barbuda
Aruba
Bahamas
Barbados
Cayman Islands
Cuba
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Grenada
Guadeloupe
Haiti
Jamaica
Martinique
Puerto Rico
Saint Barth?lemy
St. Kitts & Nevis
St. Lucia
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad & Tobago
Turks & Caicos Islands
Virgin Islands

Hahahahaha, I needed that laugh, thank you! Can you upload a picture of a map and color it for those people that might still be confused!?