Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Order Date/Build Date/Delivery Date Thread

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
LOL I recall doing the same with mine and getting right to the build date then it sat on the loading bay dock for a few weeks as a national holiday and two hurricanes disrupted shipping .. It got here in it's own good time and I am still happy I waited !! As will you once it is here or at least I hope :)

Yeah I will be plenty happy when it gets here no matter what, just trying to kill some time with the kids busy for a change. I have snow tires/rims on order but the rims just got delayed 8 weeks so now I am scrambling to pick something else out that I don't like as much. Then if the car is delayed and I don't get it until April it will have been a waste for now and I get to worry about this again in October. With two little ones at home this is a fun problem to be worrying about for a change [biggrin]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I am being a numbers geek so bear with me; I have been tracking new inventory in my area while I wait for a build date and found a unit that was just built yesterday. It has a production sequence number about 3000 ahead of my VIN. Anyone know if they do actually go in order and then how many units the factory puts out on an average day?

quick edit for more geek

Found 2 built units with 7237 apart in production number and they were built 6 weeks apart with Christmas in between
3FADP4GX1EM195298 built 12/18/13
3FADP4GX4EM202535 built 01/24/13

So maybe ~7000 a month?
I remember reading a post before that someone mentioned their local dealer had two Fiesta STs on order with sequential VIN.

I'm guessing the 7000 month probably includes regular Fiestas to?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Yeah I will be plenty happy when it gets here no matter what, just trying to kill some time with the kids busy for a change. I have snow tires/rims on order but the rims just got delayed 8 weeks so now I am scrambling to pick something else out that I don't like as much. Then if the car is delayed and I don't get it until April it will have been a waste for now and I get to worry about this again in October. With two little ones at home this is a fun problem to be worrying about for a change [biggrin]
We're all waiting with you buddy.[lovest]

Expecting my ST any day now. Ordered it in October. ETA is this week. Can't wait to join the fun!

Order date: 2/3/2014
Interior: Smoke Storm
Exterior: Ingot Silver
Options: Recaro package

I called my dealer today to see if vin# had surfaced yet...to no avail...but, he did say he saw an 'R' number....anyone familiar with this?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I called my dealer today to see if vin# had surfaced yet...to no avail...but, he did say he saw an 'R' number....anyone familiar with this?
I'm not sure what the R means, but what is your order Priority Number?

That would be Priority: 10
I did some digging...Priority 10-19 are for retail customers...10 having the highest priority. 01-09 are reserved for Ford Motor Company...so if you had a 01 priority on your vehicle order confirmation, you could't get your car any faster. So I'll take Priority 10

Order Date: 1/2
Vin. Issued: 1/9
Window sticker available 1/31/2014 11:30 PM
Build Date: Scheduled for the week of 2/17 (likely ahead of schedule as of 2/12/14)
Loaded to train: TBD
Projected Customer delivery per Ford: 3/10 (update 2/12)
Delivery Date: TBD
Exterior: Performance Blue
Interior: Storm Grey
Options: Recaros only
Updated mine again, this thing is on the fast track. It has been sent to the plant and I have a delivery date estimated at 3/10 which would be about a 9.5 week order to delivery timeline.

Updated mine again, this thing is on the fast track. It has been sent to the plant and I have a delivery date estimated at 3/10 which would be about a 9.5 week order to delivery timeline.
That is grrrreat news my friend...14 weeks was a bringin me down big time...9.5 weeks gives me hope...sweet[clap]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I did some digging...Priority 10-19 are for retail customers...10 having the highest priority. 01-09 are reserved for Ford Motor Company...so if you had a 01 priority on your vehicle order confirmation, you could't get your car any faster. So I'll take Priority 10
Yeah that's exactly it. I was lucky enough to get a Priority 1 with my order, but it seems most people have had very reliable estimated production dates.

That is grrrreat news my friend...14 weeks was a bringin me down big time...9.5 weeks gives me hope...sweet[clap]
I see you got seats only as well, if the dealers would order some stock with out every option we wouldn't have to be doing these custom orders :)

I see you got seats only as well, if the dealers would order some stock with out every option we wouldn't have to be doing these custom orders :)
Yeah...thinking long term I saw grey wheels and brake dust a bad combo, have nav on my phone, didn't want to deal with a possibly problematic moonroof down the road...but the seats we're an absolute necessity after test drive...plus they give such a great look to the FiST. I am seriously thinking about Plasti Dipping my wheels black until I figure out what to buy....seems like an easy fix for the brake dust factor....and why all the FiST's come through loaded is the same reason most dealers don't know it takes more than 6-8 weeks for delivery...they have no clue about this car...but not my dealer....Tasca knows they're stuff