Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Order Date/Build Date/Delivery Date Thread

So at one month I have no vin. I've been for and against the Recaros, and I figured what the hell I'll go for them. Despite no vin dealer said it's too late to change the order as it's been submitted and in process, or something. I know some guys have changed it after ordering but maybe it means I'll have a VIN early next week. Happy and disappointed. All you Recaro lovers are ruining my life.
So wait did u order with or without recaros,I'm confused...what did u want to change.

-ry

I didn't order them at first. Wanted to add them now. But looks like no Recaro for me.
Wow and your only one month in? Is the dealer telling you that you can't change something,I wouldn't stop until I talked to someone at ford (not the dealer)that deals with the orders and see what they say. Unless you already did that.

-ry

I did not contact ford directly. From what I read about ford ordering. From the time the dealer takes the order until the time ford accepts the order is a minimum of two weeks. Changes can be made until ford accepts the order. Once accepted a VIN is usually issued within two weeks, and from there production starts shortly thereafter. As I would be choosing to option up, I don't see as the dealer would not want to take more of my money.

I decided I didn't want the Recaros and now I have to live with that. The car cost 22k, I'll live with the shortcomings of the interior and adequate stock seats and all the other little things it's missing. After all it's on the cheaper side of vehicles that is until you start to option it out with 2000$ seats.

I was just getting antsy and started to feel like for all this waiting I should be getting the best.

I did not contact ford directly. From what I read about ford ordering. From the time the dealer takes the order until the time ford accepts the order is a minimum of two weeks. Changes can be made until ford accepts the order. Once accepted a VIN is usually issued within two weeks, and from there production starts shortly thereafter. As I would be choosing to option up, I don't see as the dealer would not want to take more of my money.

I decided I didn't want the Recaros and now I have to live with that. The car cost 22k, I'll live with the shortcomings of the interior and adequate stock seats and all the other little things it's missing. After all it's on the cheaper side of vehicles that is until you start to option it out with 2000$ seats.

I was just getting antsy and started to feel like for all this waiting I should be getting the best.
Yea no biggie.its all good,hey just look at it this way,your getting a brand new Fiesta ST! Some people can't even afford a car,let alone a new one. You won't be disappointed I can promise you that..

-ry

Thanks. I'll be super happy and to think I was first interested in a versa note. Just for the mpg and cheapness that is. I needed to have a fun driving experience again. Where is spring. And where is my car

CanadianST

Got ahold of my dealer yesterday to see where the car was at in shipping since they claimed the end of this week as my delivery date but it turns out there was a delay and my new date is April 12th :( Couple more weeks until I can finally get my hands on her!

That's a bummer. They didn't say what caused the delay? Mine is due to be delivered next week, hope it won't be delayed!

Update: 6 weeks since ordering on Feb 3....no VIN yet
Sorry man, at least it will be nice when you finally get it. Have you tried Ford Customer service over on the other forums, they were able to let me know things before the dealer but I did have a VIN the whole time.

Sorry man, at least it will be nice when you finally get it. Have you tried Ford Customer service over on the other forums, they were able to let me know things before the dealer but I did have a VIN the whole time.
Yeah, you can't do anything without the VIN...but it will get here when it gets here...whaddya gonna do huh?

Finally got my VIN and the car is expected soon! They ended up doing a vehicle swap with another dealer nearby! Is there any way I can track the shipment status of my car with the VIN?

Well, Ford customer service tells me my date is 3/31. My dealer has papers that show 4/5. The owner of the dealership is trying to get some answers for me (and them). I'm not exactly concerned about it... I just want my car!