Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Applied the Armor All all wheel protectant Sunday night....

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Going to pickup a bottle this weekend for my ESM lol, they are a pain to clean.

I put it on last night and brake dust is already building back up after about 20 miles in city driving :(

OP
R
Thread Starter #8
All I did was wash the car and wheels thoroughly, dried the wheels, then let them sit about an hour. I sprayed that stuff liberally all over the wheels. It lasted easily one week before I noticed any brake dust. I will say that it seems like it only lasts a little over a week. I'll wash it again soon and respray them and see what happens.

All I did was wash the car and wheels thoroughly, dried the wheels, then let them sit about an hour. I sprayed that stuff liberally all over the wheels. It lasted easily one week before I noticed any brake dust. I will say that it seems like it only lasts a little over a week. I'll wash it again soon and respray them and see what happens.
What he said. It works great for a week but then kind of fades in usefulness.[V] I've tried it on 2 cars now but will likely not spend the money after my second can is gone. It's expensive here too - like $13.00!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
What he said. It works great for a week but then kind of fades in usefulness.[V] I've tried it on 2 cars now but will likely not spend the money after my second can is gone. It's expensive here too - like $13.00!
I'll third this. It worked great for a week, but will not last past the first wash.

I LOVE the stuff - use it on my C6Z and the FiST! If you maintain it properly, it'll last you well beyond one week. At the end of the day, I simply take my leaf blower and spend about 45 seconds blowing the brake dust off all 4 wheelsā€¦.a little preventative maintenance goes a LONG ways!

CanadianST

I used it for awhile with my white wheels and it really helped with taking the dust off them when i went to clean it more so than preventing dust. As others have said only lasts a few weeks though.

Zombie thread, back from the dead...

I put this stuff on my wheels a few weeks ago. I like it. I like it a lot. The trick isn't that the dust doesn't build up - it's that it's SUPER EASY to clean it off. Just hose it off and it comes off. You just have to make sure you don't wipe the armor all off - once you wipe the wheel AT ALL, you have to re-apply it. After applying it to my wheels and letting it sit overnight, I saw streaks and started to wipe them off - DOH! Oh well, good test, right? After about 2 weeks, all my wheels are pretty shiny except that one spoke where I wiped it - that spoke is covered in brake dust.

One warning, tho. Since the dust doesn't stick to the wheel anymore, it comes off REAL easy... after it rained, I couldn't figure out why my white car had BLACK WATER SPOTS all over it. It occurred to me last night that it's the brake dust getting flung off the wheels after getting wet. That should tell you how well this stuff works lol!

Also, they've changed the name to something else (I don't remember the new name, but it has a pic of the old can on it with a "new name, same great product" type endorsement), and it's a bit cheaper now (I think around $7 at wally world).

Anyhow, that's my endorsement. Hope it helps someone.