Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kia Forte Koup SX

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Happened to see one of these yesterday..didn't know they also came with a 1.6L Turbo with 201hp.

I don't know if this is applicable to the forte but I was talking to a Kia mechanic about the warranty and he told me that the OEM Optima oil filter has a one way plug in it that keeps oil in the top of the motor for coldstart if the fortes oil filter has a similar type plug do you think it it might fit on our FiST? The two biggest negatives I've heard about Kia or Hyundai are the resale value and lack of support in the aftermarket world.

When did they change to a 1.6t? Last I knew was the 2.4. Looks like they have the veloster turbo in a more civic si like variety

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I drove a Genesis Cpe for three years. You don't want to go KDM; the only great engineering about them is the looks.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I don't know if this is applicable to the forte but I was talking to a Kia mechanic about the warranty and he told me that the OEM Optima oil filter has a one way plug in it that keeps oil in the top of the motor for coldstart if the fortes oil filter has a similar type plug do you think it it might fit on our FiST? The two biggest negatives I've heard about Kia or Hyundai are the resale value and lack of support in the aftermarket world.
Anti drain-back valve, very common. You will find most oil filters, OEM or after market have this feature to stop oil draining back out of the filter when the engine is shut down. Allows oil pressure to rise quicker on start-up.

A lot of cars have around 200hp these days, my questions are how does it handle? and is the transmission any good?

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I had a veloster turbo before my Fist and that thing was all over the road. The body roll was ridiculous. Very nice interior and I actually love the look of the car but I couldn't get over the handling. Just was dull and lifeless.

Once upon a time when they first came out, I remember reading about plans to drop a dirt twin-scroll turbocharged motor. Sadly, that concept appears to be abandoned.

They're slow as hell. I beat a molded Velas ter Turbo at the track Friday. There was also a Forte hatch (I think) that has the 1.6T and he was running like 18 sec stock. With that being said, we are at significant elevation and it was 90 degrees.