Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any way to tilt the Recaro headrests back?

Anyone else bothered by the headrest tilted too far forward on the Recaro seats? If so, anyone find a fix for this?

Makes it a pain to have the seat up where I want it, but have my head tilted forward by it. Not to mention, if wearing a helmet at an event.

I heard mention somewhere, of trying reversing the headrests, but so far it won't come off, and don't look like it will fit right either.

Thanks!

Tilting Head Restraints (If Equipped)
The front head restraints may have a tilting
feature for extra comfort. To tilt the head
restraint, do the following:

1. Adjust the seat back to an upright
driving or riding position.
2. Pivot the head restraint forward toward
your head to the desired position.
After the head restraint reaches the
forward-most tilt position, pivot it forward
again to release it to the rearward, un-tilted
position.

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Tilting Head Restraints (If Equipped)
The front head restraints may have a tilting
feature for extra comfort. To tilt the head
restraint, do the following:

1. Adjust the seat back to an upright
driving or riding position.
2. Pivot the head restraint forward toward
your head to the desired position.
After the head restraint reaches the
forward-most tilt position, pivot it forward
again to release it to the rearward, un-tilted
position.
If only! But nope. No adjustments at all on the Recaro headrests, except up and down.

Would love to try reversing them around, but they don't seem to come off either. And yes, I pressed the side button for height adjustment, and it does not come off. Will be hell when wearing a helmet during track events.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Sometimes there is a second button on the seat where the headrest post comes thru under the material on the non button post you need to release.. I don't have mine yet so it is just a guess based on what we had to do with my Mustang and you had to remove the rest and bend the rails a smidge to correct this feature... lol

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Sometimes there is a second button on the seat where the headreast opst comes thru under the material on the non button post you need to release.. I don't have mine yet so it is just a guess based on what we had to do with my Mustang and you had to remove the rest and bend the rails a smidge to correct this feature... lol
rodmoe is right, there is a second button that you need to push in opposite the normal adjustment. Its a bit fiddly to operate because it is very small, but if you persist, the headrest comes out of the seat.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I have been trying to remove my Recaro front headrest to reverse it but it seems to have a STOP or something at the bottom that prevents the headrest from coming off. does anyone have any suggestions for getting it off or the procedure for reversing them?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
They come out hard the first time
And on the Recaros they are a PITA to figure out. You just need to be determined to win this not let the car win lol