Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

VIDEO: Why your FiST really needs that Rear Motor Mount Upgrade

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I have had no issues with mine; they don't seem to care.
If you started complaining about trans vibration though I could see it being a hurdle. but since it isn't a true motor mount and doesn't actually bear the weight of the engine, they'd be hard pressed to prove that it caused any sort of issue.

No reason the motor mount is as loose as it is besides a) cheapness b) noise vibration harshness concerns. Yeah, the car vibrates less with the OEM one, but if you're asking if there is a mechanical/engineering reason the RMM is soft, no, there isn't anything like that.
I have had no issues with mine; they don't seem to care.
If you started complaining about trans vibration though I could see it being a hurdle. but since it isn't a true motor mount and doesn't actually bear the weight of the engine, they'd be hard pressed to prove that it caused any sort of issue.

No reason the motor mount is as loose as it is besides a) cheapness b) noise vibration harshness concerns. Yeah, the car vibrates less with the OEM one, but if you're asking if there is a mechanical/engineering reason the RMM is soft, no, there isn't anything like that.
"They" don't have to prove it caused the problem YOU have to prove it didn't according to the Moss -Magnusson Act. All Ford has to do is present the engineering data on the OEM part meeting their design specs, M-M Act does not require Ford to test a third party part proving it meets specs is up to the third party supplier. All they need to show is the spec and their belief the part does not meet the specs. Just clarifying the act governing service, non-OEM parts and warranty issues. I know of no warranty issues with a RMM but by saying "they" (dealer, Ford) have to prove something is incorrect.

"They" don't have to prove it caused the problem YOU have to prove it didn't according to the Moss -Magnusson Act. All Ford has to do is present the engineering data on the OEM part meeting their design specs, M-M Act does not require Ford to test a third party part proving it meets specs is up to the third party supplier. All they need to show is the spec and their belief the part does not meet the specs. Just clarifying the act governing service, non-OEM parts and warranty issues. I know of no warranty issues with a RMM but by saying "they" (dealer, Ford) have to prove something is incorrect.
That's weird, everything I read about this act is that the burden of proof is on the dealer, and not the customer.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
That's weird, everything I read about this act is that the burden of proof is on the dealer, and not the customer.
Read the M-M ACT online, the dealer is not a part of the M-M Act. A common misconception is the dealer has anything to do with your warranty other than bill Ford for warranty work. By law they cannot "void" your warranty, it is a legal agreement between you and Ford. Not you and JoeJoe's Ford Dealer. Your warranty is not with the dealer it is with Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, MI. Look at it. In a nut shell the M-M Act says the carmaker (Ford) cannot force you to use factory parts or void your warranty for not doing so. AS long as the replacement parts meet the makers specs. Like oil, mufflers, belts, hoses, filters and tires that may have no effect on the designed performance and operation are no big deal. But putting monster tires on your FiST would I'm sure negate lots of claims for warranty problems. The aftermarket RMM's are all stiffer so Ford has the legal right to refuse service for vibrations or noises caused by it. They have NO obligation to prove it does not meet spec, the M-M Act leaves it to you and the third party makers. All parts companies will stand behind their OEM parts. But not non-OEM parts like RMM's. The RMM would not prevent any other warranty claims. Other things people get wrong, you cannot have a lawyer represent you in a M-M dispute nor can Ford, it is arbitration not a court issue.

Last edited: