Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Fiesta ST BOV adapter

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Well since boost comes on a bit quicker and more of it, the bpv would purge while building boost. Bill who tuned my car from infamous performance dialed it in and got rid of most of the purging. However it still occasionally purges and it's rather annoying. Also for anyone considering boombas spacers... I had an extensive conversation with my tuner and he told me that with those spacers, it would be a performance loss and heat soak would kick in after one hard pull. Though I'm no expert on why exactly, he made it very clear to not install those. Keep this in mind people.
If this is the case the BPV is still gonna be purging even without a spacer, just not to atmosphere right?Also Boomba has stated that there is no performance loss with these and I'm not sure how it's possible this affects heat soak either.

Can you elaborate further?

Honestly he explained it and I didn't really comprehend it but I also Googled it and many people have said they don't anything for gains. Boomba may state it does but it's not hard to make a fake dyno graph. I mean there's a stage 2 fiesta that posted numbers on a mustang dyno higher than a stock mustang ecoboost. Anyways someone on here installed them and I'll await his verdict.

Honestly he explained it and I didn't really comprehend it but I also Googled it and many people have said they don't anything for gains. Boomba may state it does but it's not hard to make a fake dyno graph. I mean there's a stage 2 fiesta that posted numbers on a mustang dyno higher than a stock mustang ecoboost. Anyways someone on here installed them and I'll await his verdict.
I never claimed it provided any gains and neither has Boomba. It's purely for the old school turbo sound. On the other hand you are saying it hinders performance by contributing to heat soak, and I was just asking if you had more data to support that.

I'm referring to the intake spacer and manifold spacer. The bov is what I mentioned for an issue with a pro tune but the intake spacer and manifold spacer was what I was warning people that it may hinder performance.

I'm referring to the intake spacer and manifold spacer. The bov is what I mentioned for an issue with a pro tune but the intake spacer and manifold spacer was what I was warning people that it may hinder performance.
I'm not referring to the manifold at all, and this is a BOV thread. Only talking about the BPV/BOV spacer. I'm looking for data for how it would in any way negatively affect performance by creating heat soak "after one pull" as you say your tuner told you.

Boomba has claimed large gains from both of their spacers but I have a veteran pro tuner warning me the issues it may cause. But from experience that bov adapter will be an issue with a pro tune and Ill be anxious to install my garret 2860 gtx and fix that with a tial q ofcourse. The electric diverter valve is a pain.

Boomba has claimed large gains from both of their spacers but I have a veteran pro tuner warning me the issues it may cause. But from experience that bov adapter will be an issue with a pro tune and Ill be anxious to install my garret 2860 gtx and fix that with a tial q ofcourse. The electric diverter valve is a pain.
Let's try to stay on topic. After re-reading your post you just say "spacers" and since this is a BOV spacer thread this is what it sounded like you meant.

Edit: added a word

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #168
We'd love to hear more about why your tuner thinks these would cause an issue. There are countless people running custom tunes along with our BOV adapter with no issues whatsoever. What our BOV adapter does is that it essentially spaces out the stock BPV. Any behavior that can be heard when using this part is the same thing the factory BPV adapter would have done before, it is just being made audible now through the use of this part. We see no way how a part like this would cause any heat soak, at all. Before releasing these BOV adapters we put our shop car through extensive testing to ensure that there were no negative effects of this part. The purpose of this part is to give you the satisfying BOV noise. Another benefit of the BOV adapter is that it helps by reducing blow-by by venting to atmosphere rather than venting back into intake. Just to be clear, we never claimed any sort of HP or TQ gains from using this BOV adapter.

As far as our intake manifold spacers and throttle body spacers, this is the wrong thread to comment about those on. We also want to clear the air on those as well. All of the gains from our intake manifold spacer and throttle body spacer were dyno tested and the graphs that you have seen are unmodified. As far as large gains (2HP and 17TQ) we are willing to stand behind those claims. The dyno charts are from running the same car, on the same dyno, on the same day, with the same tune. We really wanted to take any guesswork out of the equation.

Please let us know if you or your pro-tuner have any questions, as we'd be more than happy to help you out and answer them.

caliboy15

yeah let's hear from your tuner. Please ask him to join and discuss this topic.

Problem is, there's a lot of barber shop stories roaming this forum without a proven fact

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #173
We are currently out of stock of these! They are in production and will be back soon!