Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Fiesta ST BOV adapter

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Got my adapter in, and was so excited to install it. Put the passenger side front on jack stand, and took the wheel off. Maybe im crazy, but I cannot see how you all do it. I cannot reach in there. I have a ball headed allen socket, and plenty of extensions, and I can get into two of the holes, but not the top?

Gave up as I didnt want to get too far in and get stuck. Any advice?

Got my adapter in, and was so excited to install it. Put the passenger side front on jack stand, and took the wheel off. Maybe im crazy, but I cannot see how you all do it. I cannot reach in there. I have a ball headed allen socket, and plenty of extensions, and I can get into two of the holes, but not the top?

Gave up as I didnt want to get too far in and get stuck. Any advice?
I had no issues with this method, but ended up not using any extensions for that top bolt. I just did it 'blind'.

CJ pony parts video shows him removing the hot side intercooler pipe directly off the turbo and doing it completely under the car.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #276
Have you seen our installation video?

[video=youtube;InwriOx46aI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InwriOx46aI[/video]

ROCKYFiestta

MINE JUST ARRIVED TODAY IT WOULD HAVE BEEN FASTER IF I DIDNT MOVE FROM ADDISON (AKA TOWN NEXT DOOR)

I Will post on here how i fare since, i like some, am also cursed with the sausage fingers that cant fit anywhere. got the red one looks great and solid quality

ROCKYFiestta

started at 1120 am mt finished driving home by 1220 (ie funtestdrive)

i followed the video but i ended up doing it this way since i i dont have a lift

i jacked up tire passenger side front and removed the tire . i found it easier to work by sitting in my ice fishing chair directly facing the brake rotor and i did the removal from this angle not from underdeath. i had to much difficulty from underdeath not enough room if you have big arms and hands.

also the tools i used was the smallest ratchet with long extension like 9" a wobble joint at the end of that extension and then i used the allen head bit that is partsocket/allenhead in one piece (found it at lowes around the allen wrenches and sockets). with the wratchet and wobble and extension with the bit definitely made it a breeze
you can clearly see the 2 bolts and just basically triangulate where the 3rd one will be i just searched blindly with my fat fingers and found it put the bit in in gave it some slight twists and eventually i ratcheted it off. cleaned attached the piece as shown in the video i also made note to face it the same way i took it out.