Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2014 Ford Fiesta ST project

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
My car loves E30. Its so hot here though... I've dialed the car back for the summer until I can get some favorable track weather :)

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
Ok here is an update with where I am at with E30!

Before I get to the results, I wanted to say that I found that my logging road shows higher VirtualDyno results on one side of the street compared to the other which has a slight decline. So I went back and ran my logs all from one side of the street which was flatter and they all seemed more inline so I am going to be using that side of the street from now on. You will see my "Stage 1 with tweaks" is showing lower numbers now. Honestly I think this is more accurate by how the car felt tuned on 91, vs stock on 91, and also more inline with the curves I have seen from the COBB maps.

Ok... so with that out of the way...

Here is my first rev of the E30 tune vs stock tune. Pretty big gains for such a dinky turbo car and the same boost levels as my 91 octane tune. Remember the car is 100% stock power wise except for the tune.

It was about 15 degrees hotter today compared to the stock and stage 1 tweaks runs. My Charge temps increased 25 degrees over the span of a single pull. Time for an FMIC upgrade!

Here are all three, stock, Stage 1 with tweaks on 91 octane and where I am at currently on E30

I'm going to be tweaking the E30 tune a little bit more before I move to higher Ethanol levels. I think there is a little bit more room up top for ignition timing.

Have you logged injector duty to see how close we are to capacity on those?
After logging IPW tonight, IDC's are no problem! Going by the Focus ST guys, the HPFP will be the limiting factor on Ethanol, before the injectors. HPFP might not even be a limiting factor for us with our dinky turbo.

Here are IDC's from my car on E30!

3446 RPM
9.06 IPW
26.02% IDC

6290 RPM
6.83 IPW
35.29% IDC

If our stock injectors are the same as the Focus ST, I believe they are 1kcc.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
Assembled the Bilstein coilovers today to prepare for install. At under $800 on this platform, these seem like an outstanding value for the money!

Looking forward to installing these.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Does Bilstein publish the spring rates for those, front and rear?

iso100

1000 Post Club
Brilliant! Those have IDENTICAL spring rate bias front/rear as stock but just are 62% stiffer.

Man, I might have to get these some year.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Nice, I think I'm going to go with that size size on 17x7 wheels instead of 215/40. More options for the 205/45 series.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
Ethanol update...

I'm at E45 now, from E30 before.

FRP still hitting commanded pressure at 2200 no problem.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
I have no update on the car today so I figured I would just post this photo of it in in my garage with some parts ready to be installed:

I kid, that's an Fiesta R5, and it's not mine, nor is the garage.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
Still at E45, here is a snap of a log from this morning. HPFP still keeping up no problem.