Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question about 17x8 +35/+45 ET wheel

Hi guys, i reckon i've searched for an answer in google almost to the point that i've broken google search engine... lol

I am thinking of getting team dynamic pro race 1.2 wheels in a 17x8 size. However I was bent on getting them with an offset of +35. Also looked at willtheyfit.com to see how they are different compared to the stock rim. According to them, fitting a 215/40r17 tyre on a 17x8 +35 ET rim will be poking 25mm compared from the stock rim and about 1mm closer to the strut. I will be dialing around -3 camber on the front as well.

My question is has anyone got information on whether they will fit without any issues whatsoever? I don't want scrubbing or noise on full lock etc. looking to keep stock suspension at the moment as well. I am in NO WAY looking to stance the car! I am just looking for an improvement in cornering and handling. I also do circuit work here in australia every now and then as well. I have a choice to go +40 offset as well. but i would want to widen the track width as much as possible without any scrubbing issues.

I've had enough brain racking for 6 months lol. any help would be great.

Thanks.

Duy

dyn085

2000 Post Club

Here's 18x8 et 36 on a 215/35. It would look roughly the same with just a 1/2 taller sidewall, but fitment is more highly dependent on the tires you choose. There really isn't much fitment information in this community yet so you aren't going to find much.

OP
K
Thread Starter #3
Ok that looks alright. Do you have any information whether he had to camber the front or modify in any way? Or whether he gets any scrubbing at all?

Thanks

Duy

dyn085

2000 Post Club
This is an older pic but he said that he wasn't having any rubbing issues and added some more positive camber to the front.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I understood it to mean 'less negative camber'. I don't know what his alignment specs are though.

OP
K
Thread Starter #7
ok lol awesome. yeah i heard they came with something like -1.5 from factory. which is good...i do like my cornering speeds :p

OP
K
Thread Starter #8
Oh also... why did he put positive camber? Was it to prevent rubbing from the inside on full lock?

OP
K
Thread Starter #10
Ahh I see... looks like the rear pokes out a bit... I maybe going to camber the rears as well... so it should fit nicely under there. Umm decisions decisions lol

I just put a set of 18x8" 35mm wheels wrapped in 215/35/18 rubber and at stock height there are ZERO issues. The rear fits right at the fender and up front it's maybe one to two millimeters past the fender. Once lowered, which is happening soon, the front should sit right at the fender like the rear.

Here's a shot of the rear with me leaned over to the left a bit so you can actually see it:

OP
K
Thread Starter #12
Wow thats an awesome photo! So at the moment there is no extra camber dailed for front and rear? Definitely a small amount of camber will fix that!

Wow thats an awesome photo! So at the moment there is no extra camber dailed for front and rear? Definitely a small amount of camber will fix that!
Nope, besides the wheels, it's completely stock. The front is max, 2mm or so further out than the rear so it shouldn't be an issue whatsoever.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Re: Pelloni Design's fiesta st he needs to get an alignment. i keep bugging him about it. I'll bug him about it if he comes over tonight.

He had some slight negative camber and it was wearin his tires out really fast, so I think he may have adjusted it to be less negative, no actual positive camber to be seen on that car.... ... I forgot he's doing his stock wheels pink today.

OP
K
Thread Starter #15
The most wear is from the toe set up of the wheels. All my front wheel drive cars have 0 individual toe. Normal is to have slight positive toe for stability on the freeway or highway. My cars wonder on the freeway a bit bit thats a small sacifice for better cornering turn in lol

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Unless it's an illusion with the camera angle, he doesn't appear to have enough camber to need to change that due to wear issues. What people commonly think is camber wear is actually toe wear, it's just amplified due to camber. A car with -3 degrees or less and zero or near zero toe will wear quite naturally. Granted, I don't know if he's had an actual alignment since.

OP
K
Thread Starter #17
^ this. Also did u have to buy new tpms sensors? Or is it a sensor located outside the wheel on the body of the car?

^ this. Also did u have to buy new tpms sensors? Or is it a sensor located outside the wheel on the body of the car?
The OEM sensors are inside your factory wheels so most will just swap them out. I did price out a set from my local dealer and I want to say they were in the $70/each range.

OP
K
Thread Starter #19
Jesus... I rang ford here and they said no price as they weren't available yet... looks like I have to take them out when I change the tyres on the stock rims. My tyres are almost worn out. Then put them in the new ones when I get them. In the time being I have to put up with the tyre pressure sensor error going on all the time until I do. -_-;;