Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Front Side License plate mount

We all have the same car, however in North America, Ford did a great job at covering half my badass Austin Marting smile with my license plate, anyone know of a side plate mount the way Mitsubishi has?

Thx
-Eric

Sadly you might have to find something custom. Or you can get the Sto N SHO: http://www.spooltuning.com/2014-fiesta-st-sto-n-sho-license-plate-bracket.html
only problem is that you have to drill under your car. It's good because you can't see where you drilled and you can hide your license plate at any time, but it doesn't go off to the side sadly. Sorry I can't be of any other help.
Maybe someone else may have found one.

CanadianST

Our front ends are a lot rounder at the corners compared to the Mitsubishi's which are almost box like, because of this I think a corner plate would really stand out and not look all that good. That's just my opinion though.

OP
Maraud3rST
Thread Starter #4
I'll probably try to custom make a bracket this weekend. I'f i'm successful I'll post my development. Thank's guys!

PA car dealer trade to MD came without front bracket. Bumper has two small molded dimples for bracket alignment. Dealer wanted to rivet the factory bracket on. I went with a Big Mike's Sto-N-Sho from CJ Pony Parts. Installation is straight forward as long as you don't let go of either of the nut/washers and lose them under the intercooler. Forceps did the trick for recovery. Next up is a black Ford Racing frame in transit.

Attachments

Izzy

I'd be interested in this as well. TX makes us use the front plate...would like to get it out of the way of my FMIC & radiator.

Izzy

Hmmm...possibly...I'll have to check how cost effective this will be.

Izzy

Hmmm...possibly...I'll have to check how cost effective this will be.
$150...not...if it goes on sale for $99 I may consider and it still would be a pain. In TX the plate needs to be square (forward facing) and with our rounded bumper it wouldn't really be legal on the sides facing 45 degrees.

AzNightmare

Unfortunately, the stock location is the best location.
Having a side plate just affects aerodynamics (and looks worse imo)

This doesn't make sense as it would block the intercooler.

If you intend to use the maximum cooling such as a track day, you just press the lock and slide it off. Been on for almost 2 years with no negative result. I did not want to drill and rivet the untouched bumper cover to fasten a stock non-removable bracket.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I bought the sto n sho but didn't put it on when I realized it would be blocking the IC. I just threw it in a box to collect dust. If the mounting poles were longer a side mount would've worked. Maybe I'll take it to home Depot and see if I can mod it somehow.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Another option from Undrilled Mounts I found that's available on Amazon: https://amazon.com/dp/B08RN7NPVX. You can move it to either side or center it (I just kept it centered).

Looks pretty good on my car and I really didn't want to drill into the bumper (moved from MI to NY, so no front plate was installed by the dealer).

Peterson

Premium Account
Another option from Undrilled Mounts I found that's available on Amazon: https://amazon.com/dp/B08RN7NPVX. You can move it to either side or center it (I just kept it centered).

Looks pretty good on my car and I really didn't want to drill into the bumper (moved from MI to NY, so no front plate was installed by the dealer).
$50 for some 3D printed plastic? 😂😂😂

Dpro

6000 Post Club

that looks ugly as sin and completely defeats the whole purpose of taking it off the center mount position. the main idea is to not get to interfere with the whole look of our front grill area.
Now this is a problem and like Lilpartybox I too bought a sto n sho and came to the same conclusion. Yes I have it sitting in a box in my closet. lol
I had thought about going with the bumper mount toe hook route. As they sell toe hooks for our cars that mount on your crash bump and come through your front grill. There are companies that sell license plate mounts for those. it would be off to side though and I am not so sure it would be that big of a deal aerodynamically as I have seen pics of Track FiST’s on track with those.
It still does not solve the whole thing of getting the license plate A: out of the way of being an ugly rectangle slab stuck on our beautiful front bumpers and B: Not blocking air flow to our radiator or intercoolers. . Too bad the U.S. is so hung up on squarish rectangle license plate frames . If we had the UK style it would fit perfectly down the middle strip and look fine. Ah well thats not happening :censored::mad::LOL: