Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Tracking From Window Sticker to Factory build date to Railcar tracking..

So, my Ingot Silver ST, ordered Sept 14, was built the week of Oct 21. I got the rail car number from the dealer early this week (ETTX 903902). CSX now says it was delivered to "customer location" in Vericruz this morning at 5am. Does Ford have a facility in Veracruz or is that just some waypoint along the line? There is no ETA available at this point, so I don't really know what to expect for delivery. Any ideas?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Perhaps its going to a port in Veracruz and will be shipped via boat across the Gulf rather than go by train.

I wondered about that. The CSX website actually shows a boat connection to New Orleans along with the rail connections that head North out of Mexico.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I wondered about that. The CSX website actually shows a boat connection to New Orleans along with the rail connections that head North out of Mexico.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. CG Railway which is used by CSX operates ferries from Veracruz to Alabama.

Vessel Sailing Schedule
http://www.cgrailway.com/schedules.asp

When I get my window sticker there are two pages. AT the bottom of the first it has rail in the method of transport box. At the bottom of the second it has convoy. Also the ramp number changes between the two pages. Any ideas?

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #168
When I get my window sticker there are two pages. AT the bottom of the first it has rail in the method of transport box. At the bottom of the second it has convoy. Also the ramp number changes between the two pages. Any ideas?
If they are shipping to a railhead then trucking in to your dealer maybe. Post up your Vin so we can take a look see I don't recall having seen two pages .

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #170
Looks like your car was built Nov 20th according to ETIS
Primary Features
Build Date: 20.11.2013
Vehicle Line: Fiesta (B299)
Body Style: 5 Door Saloon
Version: ST
Engine: 1.6L EcoBoost SCTi 160/182PS-Sigma
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual Trans - B6
Drive: LHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 3.82
Emission: 50 State Emission Requirements
Air Conditioning: Automatic Air Conditioning
Paint: Oxford White

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Ford should pay rodmoe as their tracking expert lol. For me it took almost 3 weeks to ship.

yes rodmoe is always willing to help! big thanks to him and also you mk! this board is awesome good people all around. mine took 2 weeks to ship but it hung around my local rail yard for a few days which delayed it almost a week.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #174
Glad to help Folks I was in the same boat for 7.5 months (Joy of a early order) while Ford delayed building then took there sweet time shipping my car too me .. sat on the rail dock in mexico for a week to ten days !!! Anyway should be no more than two weeks once its loaded .. There is a holiday in there so that may make a difference on where it is and what happens during that time.. (aka it may not get loaded this week) but who knows once you get a rail car number the fun begins.. Where are you at? East or West Texas? I assume you are north of that too.. :) derp
And like I said thanks for letting me help :)

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #176
Oh heck you may have it before Xmas if things fall right :) we should be able to track it to your railyard once on the truck we tend to lose sight but its only a day or two though your dealer can still most times see it.. Bug them for a railcar number next time you see them prob after this week for sure ..
And You are Welcome Sir post up pics once you have it and pay it forward .. saw that in a movie once ....

Don't be so sure about that delivery time frame. I am also in the DC area.

Car Ordered Sep 12
Car built Oct 21
Car released Oct 22
Car shipped to Veracruz Oct 31
Car put on ship to Mississippi Nov 7
ETA shows as Nov 28-Dec 4

My dealer can't get anymore info than that, they say they won't know anything until it arrives at the local transfer point. I had an ETTX number, but that only allowed me to track it from the factory to Veracruz. Now I have a different tracking number "EXP4-T50-1", but can't make sense of it. Evidently getting the cars to the East Coast is a little more complicated than middle-America since there are trains, ships, and trucks involved.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #178
Ya once on the boat they get all kinds of crazy to track :(

3FADP4GX3EM177501

Can someone get an update for me? I tried calling Ford, but as of yesterday the only thing they said was that it was waiting to be shipped?