Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Outside Trim/rubber

Do you guys use anything to make the outside trim look better? After I was the car, the outside rubber around the windows looks really dry and spotty and I was hoping for something that would keep that dark black look to it.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I use Black Wow...I've read that Kiwi Black shoes polish works well too.

I have the same issue, exterior trim looks faded. I was going to try Meguiars Ultimate Black and see how well it worked. I will let you all know.

Chuckable

Black Wow
, Back to Black
, or Sonus Total Eclipse

Black Wow lasts longer, but I've had trouble with a uniform application. Back to Black is easier to apply, but doesn't last as long. Sonus is more of an all-around product, but goes on nice and easy.

PhoenixM3

Do you guys use anything to make the outside trim look better? After I was the car, the outside rubber around the windows looks really dry and spotty and I was hoping for something that would keep that dark black look to it.
If you're referring to the rubber around the windows, I strongly recommend a product called Gummi Flege (sp?) Anyway, it is a German product made to keep the window and door trim soft and pliable, and to me it makes the black a nice uniform color. Give it a try or research via The Google......

I have the same issue, exterior trim looks faded. I was going to try Meguiars Ultimate Black and see how well it worked. I will let you all know.
Update: Meguiars Ultimate Black first application results are underwhelming. Although I did have a decent amount of oxidation residue on the towel after applying the product, the trim didn't look much different than before I started. If anything, it looked like I had applied an abrasive compound to the trim as you could see swirl and scratch marks in it. I will withhold my final impression until after one or two more applications are applied. If results are similar I would recommend trying one of the other products above.

I used 303 protectant. It won't turn the trims really black; just a clean look finish. What I like about this product is the UV protection it offers.

I forget what I used on my trim but it was meguiars and it was pretty messy, worked decently though. What do you guys use to get it off your painted surfaces if you get some outside the lines? I used quick detailer but it didn't clean up as easily as I would like.