Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

wrench light

Wrench light came on when i was coming home and the car went into limp mode.. only mods were cobb stage 1. Maybe bad gas?

OP
H
Thread Starter #3
did the AP read any CEL Codes ??
When it happened the AP turned off and then i restarted the car and it went away and haven't had a problem since.. but my Mother had the same problem too in her S4 and it was bad gas we fill up at the same station. I need to go back to my previous station never had a problem there.

When it happened the AP turned off and then i restarted the car and it went away and haven't had a problem since.. but my Mother had the same problem too in her S4 and it was bad gas we fill up at the same station. I need to go back to my previous station never had a problem there.
That doesn't sound very good....
Maybe you should send in a complaint....
I remember in Toronto, there was a shell gas station mixed their bronze fuel into the gold and sold it at the gold price... >< they found out days after and all they did was offer to plurge the gas tank for you. If I remember correctly.....

Just to safe others from the same troubles/problems :D

I misshifted my car and it went into limp mode. But that was entirely my fault. Turned my car off then back on and has ran like a charm ever since. I was on the track it got extremely bumpy midshift. Lol. I was scared for a little lol.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The best thing to do is NOT guess.
Read the trouble code.
If you don't have your own code reader, most parts store chains will read them for you FREE.

Dave

XuperXero

I got the wrench light too today for no apparent reason... traction control light was on too and pushing the button had no effects. Tried reading the code with my torque pro and got nada. Restarted car and all is well again... Must be a sensor having a bad day.

Bit of an old thread but I got the wrench this morning. Backed out of my spot. Was starting to go forward and I had no power. Car was on but felt as it stalled. Rolled forward into a spot. Shut the car off and restarted it. Stayed in limp mode with wrench light on. Shut it off then it wouldn't start. Didn't see the screen saying hit brake to start. Car started up, no wrench no cel, no codes. Drove 25 miles home with one stop and everything felt normal. Still no codes.

I did fuel up last night before parking and only drove 1/2 mile from Pump to where I parked. Second change, it was the first time starting the car up after enabling Cobbs auto on off feature on the latest firmware. Went into limp mode about the same time the Cobb ap booted up. I started backing out as soon as it auto turned on. By the time it was just about booted is when the car went limp. Car wouldn't connect to the ap while in limp mode.

Bit of an old thread but I got the wrench this morning. Backed out of my spot. Was starting to go forward and I had no power. Car was on but felt as it stalled. Rolled forward into a spot. Shut the car off and restarted it. Stayed in limp mode with wrench light on. Shut it off then it wouldn't start. Didn't see the screen saying hit brake to start. Car started up, no wrench no cel, no codes. Drove 25 miles home with one stop and everything felt normal. Still no codes.

I did fuel up last night before parking and only drove 1/2 mile from Pump to where I parked. Second change, it was the first time starting the car up after enabling Cobbs auto on off feature on the latest firmware. Went into limp mode about the same time the Cobb ap booted up. I started backing out as soon as it auto turned on. By the time it was just about booted is when the car went limp. Car wouldn't connect to the ap while in limp mode.
Hi Crzyworm623,

Has this happened again since your post? I recommend heading to your dealer to have this checked out. Once you have an appointment, please let me know, along with your year and mileage. :)

Meagan

rexdriver85

I'd like to know this. I was under the impression the wrench light was a maintenance reminder. It is on other vehicles. Limp mode usually sets off the MIL. (Check engine light).

I'll have to check the manual later.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I know its an older thread but i have a story and an update.

Tonight getting onto the highway on a 270 degree turn on ramp i redlined the car in 3rd than merged in forth. Did a speed check and was doing about 90miles per hour or 145km/h. Now i do this all the time so i was surprised that i saw a wrench light tonight. I quickly slowed down into the slow lane(60m/h or 100km/h) and check the access port troubles. There were none. Strange. Heart was starting to race as i could hear my wife "what did you break?" No she cant be broken. Taking a breath, Dropped it into 3 rev matched the engined and release the clutch, a smashed the accelerator. Full 22psi boost, no lag purring like a warm cat. Since this is 1/2 way home and the car was not in limp mode i keep going. Always remember on solid light not to bad. On flashing bad.

At a few stoplights i checked the ford touch alerts. Nothing. Stopped an started the engine wrench came back. When i got home i leafed throught the manual. There is no mention of the wrench light or even the symbol anywhere.

At this point my wife's voice wandered into my head "so what did you break now? I told you not to get a fancy car." i quickly shook that though loose and kept leafing through than i happen to the oil reset page. And a couple of things clicked. 1 the dealer said my first free oil change is at 16000km. 2 the odometer is reading just north of 16000km(about 10000 miles) 3 the forum mentioned before the oil life feature is no longer in the ford touch 4 our Edge has an oil reset feature but it is full text not a wrench. And 5 someone mentioned on a facebook page he has an oil change due at 32000km

So i took a breath, swore at the author of the manual for ommiting the symbol and performed the oil reset. Boom wrench gone.

Moral of the story read he owner's manual and read between the lines. Please learn from me and have a happier ride.

J2FoRS

Tonight getting onto the highway on a 270 degree turn on ramp i redlined the car in 3rd than merged in forth. Did a speed check and was doing about 90miles per hour or 145km/h. Now i do this all the time so i was surprised that i saw a wrench light tonight. I quickly slowed down into the slow lane(60m/h or 100km/h) and check the access port troubles. There were none. Strange. Heart was starting to race as i could hear my wife "what did you break?" No she cant be broken. Taking a breath, Dropped it into 3 rev matched the engined and release the clutch, a smashed the accelerator. Full 22psi boost, no lag purring like a warm cat. Since this is 1/2 way home and the car was not in limp mode i keep going. Always remember on solid light not to bad. On flashing bad.

At a few stoplights i checked the ford touch alerts. Nothing. Stopped an started the engine wrench came back. When i got home i leafed throught the manual. There is no mention of the wrench light or even the symbol anywhere.

At this point my wife's voice wandered into my head "so what did you break now? I told you not to get a fancy car." i quickly shook that though loose and kept leafing through than i happen to the oil reset page. And a couple of things clicked. 1 the dealer said my first free oil change is at 16000km. 2 the odometer is reading just north of 16000km(about 10000 miles) 3 the forum mentioned before the oil life feature is no longer in the ford touch 4 our Edge has an oil reset feature but it is full text not a wrench. And 5 someone mentioned on a facebook page he has an oil change due at 32000km

So i took a breath, swore at the author of the manual for ommiting the symbol and performed the oil reset. Boom wrench gone.

Moral of the story read he owner's manual and read between the lines. Please learn from me and have a happier ride.
Odd. I've never seen a wrench light ever. So you're thinking it comes on in 16,000 km increments? I'm at 33,200 now and my last oil change at 32,600 we didn't do an oil life reset, but we did do it at 24,000 though never got any sort of message or "acknowledgment" from the car saying we reset it correctly. I just figured these cars didn't have the same kind as my SES. I wonder if it will pop up at 40,000 then?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Odd. I've never seen a wrench light ever. So you're thinking it comes on in 16,000 km increments? I'm at 33,200 now and my last oil change at 32,600 we didn't do an oil life reset, but we did do it at 24,000 though never got any sort of message or "acknowledgment" from the car saying we reset it correctly. I just figured these cars didn't have the same kind as my SES. I wonder if it will pop up at 40,000 then?
That is my guess. Reading more it seems there might be a one time reset required. But either way light is off and did not come back. Not saying its the only reason the light could be on but no code, no message, no running issues, no other lights, not much else left.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

I

Moral of the story read he owner's manual and read between the lines. Please learn from me and have a happier ride.[/QUOT

I know this thread is from the canadia crowd....just trolling along and the wrench light came on....mileage is 10250....had oil changed like 1500 miles ago. Did the lube tech Not reset the oil change light? I tried to follow the book on the reset with no luck. I hate this oil change light/ maitenance light crap. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I have had the wrench light come on a couple of times when fiddling with a boost bleed I had fitted. It would go straight into limp mode. I was told the wrench light indicated a power train fault and requires the ford soft ware to read it. It is a different indicator than a CEL, but in what way I can't tell you. When it happened to me and I took it to the dealer the first time, the fault code was turbo overboost.
I have the Euro ST which does not have the service indicator for oil change that requires resetting.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I thought powertrain codes were P codes.....there are no codes stored in the vehicle according to my scan tool and CEL is on. Vehicle drives just fine no limp mode either.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

I

Moral of the story read he owner's manual and read between the lines. Please learn from me and have a happier ride.[/QUOT

I know this thread is from the canadia crowd....just trolling along and the wrench light came on....mileage is 10250....had oil changed like 1500 miles ago. Did the lube tech Not reset the oil change light? I tried to follow the book on the reset with no luck. I hate this oil change light/ maitenance light crap. Anyone have any suggestions?
Its a software bug as the FiST does not have any oil life monitor. The bug is the first oil change life change will activate it. Know a few that took it in and was explained the same. Either follow the reset or bring it in.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did a VHR for shits....came back brake/suspension issue. Took off the parking brake and ran it again. Everything checks out fine now. Except for the wrench. Go figure.... as for the bug fix...what is the fix?