Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

wrench light

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Sorry-----page 183 gives the reset, bad typing on my part. I have found nothing other than a reference to the "oil change indicator" there. I suspect that the dash indicator lights may be different in other countries. The reset method in this Forum does not tell you the "press and hold" part. I tried the way I read on the Forum multiple times without it resetting then went to the manual. Holding the two seconds was the key to it working for my car.

OIL CHANGE INDICATOR RESET

Resetting the Oil Life Monitoring System

Only reset the oil life monitoring system after changing the engine oil and oil filter.

1. Switch the ignition on. Do not start the engine. For vehicles with push-button start, press and hold the start button for two seconds without pressing the brake pedal. Do not start the engine.
2. Press the accelerator and brake pedals at the same time.
3. Keep the accelerator and brake pedals fully pressed.
4. After three seconds, a message confirming that the reset is in progress will be displayed.
5. After 25 seconds, a message confirming that the reset is complete will be displayed.
6. Release the accelerator and brake pedals.
7. The message confirming that the reset is complete will no longer be displayed.
8. Switch the ignition off. For vehicles with push-button start, press the start button to switch the ignition off.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the thanks but it was cut and paste from the online PDF manual.....

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have not seen anything in my 16 manual either mentioning said light. However when I go to lunch I will check on page 180 to see what I find. Based on the guy posting above mentioning his came on after 1 year with only 4K miles on the clock I'm assuming this comes on every 10-11k OR once yearly whichever comes first. That's some crazy OCI no way I'd go a year or 10k miles lol. I've went as far as 7-8 with full synthetic royal purple xpr and royal purple filter which is supposedly good for 12k and I didn't even like going that far and probably won't anymore. 10k miles no thanks lol
10K+ of mostly highway miles is easily doable with an NA, port injected modern engine using a great oil.

NOT so much on a direct injected, TURBO power train, even with the best, most 'stout' FULL (group 4/5 base stock) synthetics out there. [nono]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
It is page 183.......I seem to remember in some sales literature that the interval is a calculated value based on usage but no clarity on how it is measured. Could be many factors, speed /duration to determine short trips, how hard the car is driven based on rpm mapping. Mine came on at about 10,500 or after three oil changes! I now have 11,500 on my 2016 and probably 8000 miles in interstate, 2000 back roads and maybe 1500 in the city. The only "hard" driving I do is on the TOTD or TN/NC backroads. I would think a lightly driven ST with a full Syn oil would be fine with a 10K oil change. but being rather anal I will stick with 3-4K changes. I have NEVER read about any harm from too frequent oil changes.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have NEVER read about any harm from too frequent oil changes.
Some on bitog have claimed that to be the case (due to the oil's anti-wear/anti-friction additives not having a 'chance' to 'heat plate/coat' the friction surfaces), but, that is LAUGHABLE at best, and it would have to be < 500 mile OCIs in order for that to be true/correct. ;)

LILIKE16ST

I did see that on page 183 of my 16s manual. However I still have not read any mention of the actual wrench light itself only how to reset it lol. Kind of odd. I thinking changing the oil too much being a bad thing is rather laughable to say the least lol. I'd rather take my chances with "too often" any day over not often enough. Just my .02

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Some on bitog have claimed that to be the case (due to the oil's anti-wear/anti-friction additives not having a 'chance' to 'heat plate/coat' the friction surfaces), but, that is LAUGHABLE at best, and it would have to be < 500 mile OCIs in order for that to be true/correct. ;)
They also say the aromatics given off by new oil causing carbon build up .