Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2014 Ford Fiesta ST: The Jalopnik Review

Fiesta ST News

Staff Member

"Remember that car? That sure was a great car. I really wish they still made that car today, because I'd totally buy one." That's a conversation that happens multiple times a day in the Jalopnik comments. Let me tell you this: years from now, the Ford Fiesta ST will be the subject of that conversation too.

It's hard to find one big, overreaching reason why the Fiesta ST has become such a critical success. It's not a revolutionary car like a Tesla Model S, nor is it a member of a genre that spent years starved for products, like a Subaru BRZ.

The Fiesta ST is a hot hatchback. The world's been getting those for more than 30 years now. It's the same classic hot hatchback recipe as always: take a humble economy car, add more power, mix in an improved suspension, and keep the price reasonable. (Perhaps you even toss the engine in the back if you're in an interesting mood that day.) You get cheap performance with everyday practicality.

No, what makes the Fiesta ST great is that it does everything so well. It's very quick. It has an excellent gearbox. The handling is sublime. It looks cool. You can fit lots of stuff in it and park it just about anywhere. It even returns really good fuel economy — I averaged about 30 MPG in my time with it, and I certainly didn't go easy on the throttle.

Read More on Jalopnik

74 is a terrific score, usually anything in the 80+ marks for them costs 75K or more

me32

1000 Post Club
Good review too read. Consumer report gave the Fist an 81 score which is really hight for them

Ford Community Posts