Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

H&R Lowering Springs Install

Hey guys whats going on, I just picked up a set of H&R Super Sport Springs for my St and i was wondering if anyone else has installed lowering springs themselves. My friend and I have worked on cars before but never touched suspension, is it a big job for DIY or should I just send it to a shop for the install

Thanks in advance

razorlab

1000 Post Club
The hardest part is renting a spring compressor for the front.

The rears are CAKE. you just swap out the springs, don't even have to mess with struts.

Throw some pics if you have them. I've been looking at those springs and I'd like to see what they do to an actual car.

I did it by myself without spring compressors. I used 4-5 zip ties on the stock springs to hold them down when undoing the top hats, which surprisingly worked. The aftermarket springs are soft enough to where you can compress the completed assembly with one arm and start to thread in the top nut with the other. You WILL need an impact or passthrough socket like this to remove and install the top hat nut though. The nut sits in a recessed well in the top hat where a typical wrench cant get to, You need a socket with a pass through for an allen key to undo the top hat, or an impact gun to zip it on off. The install took me about 90 minutes and I was taking my sweet time. When you do the rears make sure you undo the 15mm bolt from both the left and right side so that the while beam comes down. The first time I attempted it I only dropped one side at a time and I had a HELL of a time trying to jam the springs in with my brute strength alone.

A7xogg

I did it by myself without spring compressors. I used 4-5 zip ties on the stock springs to hold them down when undoing the top hats, which surprisingly worked. The aftermarket springs are soft enough to where you can compress the completed assembly with one arm and start to thread in the top nut with the other. You WILL need an impact or passthrough socket like this to remove and install the top hat nut though. The nut sits in a recessed well in the top hat where a typical wrench cant get to, You need a socket with a pass through for an allen key to undo the top hat, or an impact gun to zip it on off. The install took me about 90 minutes and I was taking my sweet time. When you do the rears make sure you undo the 15mm bolt from both the left and right side so that the while beam comes down. The first time I attempted it I only dropped one side at a time and I had a HELL of a time trying to jam the springs in with my brute strength alone.
this what i was thinking cause the spring rate is under 200pound per inch. from what i see its alot easier than a focus st spring install which i did for a buddy last year. thanks for confirming the no spring compressor