Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Short Shift Transmission Adapter

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
What do the bushings do exactly?
They provide a solid mount rather than a soft mount that comes from the factory on the shifter cable bracket. Providing a solid mount keeps everything tight and lined up to provide a more solid shifting feel. I think ;)

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Oh okay, that makes sense.

Still deciding between this and Mountunes. But with the price difference it's kinda hard to not pick this one. Unless Mountune has more pros that I don't know of. Anybody willing to add to that, please?

They eliminate the "flex" you would experience when shifting up or down into a gear. For example when shifting into 2nd, once the shifter nests into the 2nd shift spot you can pull it back some and feel a tad bit of flex, they eliminate that. When you shift into a gear, these bushings make it feel like a hard stop.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Those actually sound like a great addition. Might get those along with the short shift as well.

Quick question and might be a dumb question, but what's the difference between a short shift kit like this and a quick shift kit like Mountune's?

Those actually sound like a great addition. Might get those along with the short shift as well.

Quick question and might be a dumb question, but what's the difference between a short shift kit like this and a quick shift kit like Mountune's?
$200 and $90 lol

JPGC

2000 Post Club

They are designed to do the same thing. The price it the biggest difference. I thing the Boomba has a little less throw reduction but the difference in price makes up for that. The Boomba looks easier to install as well. I have, personally, the mountune quick shift and I love it, but if the Boomba would have been out at that time, I would have gotten it based on the price.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
They are designed to do the same thing. The price it the biggest difference. I thing the Boomba has a little less throw reduction but the difference in price makes up for that. The Boomba looks easier to install as well. I have, personally, the mountune quick shift and I love it, but if the Boomba would have been out at that time, I would have gotten it based on the price.
The Boomba also makes it significantly easier to return to stock by not requiring you to remove the OEM ball for the linkage.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Sweet. Looks like I'm going with Boomba then!

Might as well get the bushings too while I'm there. Ha.

hopefully i get mine tomorrow or tuesday.. can't wait to install everything...

on to find the proper jack points so i can install the RMM i purchased along with this.

I'm still not sure if I'm gonna get a short throw kit. But I do really like the sound of the bushings. I kinda like buying these smaller mods that you install yourself. Great way to learn your car and every little mod just keeps making this car better.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
Installed this yesterday with the Shift bracket bushings and OH WOW! It made such a big difference. The install is real straight forward, The hardest part was trying to figure out how to disconnect the ECU cables. They have these gray levers that need to be pulled to unlock the harnesses. Also make sure that you line up the bottom plate with the adapter before you attempt to connect it in the car, it only lines up in one direction.

The shifter feels short and tight now. This morning I did my first AutoCross and the shifter came in handy! Definitely nice to get that loose slop out of the stock system!

Would recommend 10/10

I have it matched with their Oval Weighted shift knob and it mates up perfectly.
Thanks so much for the feedback and review! Very much appreciated! Thank you for choosing Boomba!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
They provide a solid mount rather than a soft mount that comes from the factory on the shifter cable bracket. Providing a solid mount keeps everything tight and lined up to provide a more solid shifting feel. I think ;)
Precisely, Rod! Thank you!
Here's a video one of our Focus ST customers made, similar transmission cable bracket set up which also uses 2 rubber bushings. Skip to 1:37 and you can see how much the OEM set-up flexes during shifting.

[video=youtube;LkGMsUSXfyE]http://youtu.be/LkGMsUSXfyE[/video]

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Nice! Well I ordered my "better shifting" combo last night and can't wait for them.

I will have them plus a RMM to install. I can't imagine the difference in driving after those three mods.

FocusMike

On the check out page is shows FiestaForum.com under the How did you find us? field. Should that be changed to FiestaSTForum.com?

^^I made that comment on my order

Mine should be waiting for my me when I get home from work.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
Nice! Well I ordered my "better shifting" combo last night and can't wait for them.

I will have them plus a RMM to install. I can't imagine the difference in driving after those three mods.
Thanks for choosing Boomba, Kip! Your order is on its way!! Let us know what you think once you get it all installed!

On the check out page is shows FiestaForum.com under the How did you find us? field. Should that be changed to FiestaSTForum.com?
Yes, thank you! Well take care of that asap!