Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Short Shift Transmission Adapter

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Looks like Christmas came early. Definitely looking forward to your thoughts after the install.

Puppy is sick and had to go to the vet. Just moved it inside the garage (rain coming tonight)..
Going to get started shortly. Really wish I had some beers for the install.

about 2.5-3 hours later... they are all installed.. immediate thoughts: its a nice touch, esp with the shifter cable bracket bushings.
For what it is, it is really nice.
i need to drive with it more to get a better review for it.

it is definitely different than the shifter in my SVTF. I have the CFM adjustable sts on its shortest/lowest setting. i love the throw on that thing.

if a STS comes out that is more on the shifter assembly portion, then i think this would pair nicely with it and will be absolutely perfect.

This is a really nice step up from the stock system and I don't think that the other available sts plates out there are really worth it just for the 10% additional reduction in throw.

take my "review" with a grain of salt. everybody has their own preferences. this is just my initial opinion on it.

now, where to put the FOUR boomba stickers i got?? lol

Yes I do. Lol. Sorry I can talk in circles and be verbose at times (autism ftw)
For the price point (and compared to the other sts's available) this is the best buy out there...

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Awesome. Thanks for input. Mine should be here sometime this week, and with these two mods plus my Cobb RMM I can't wait to see how different the car rides.

Installed my trans adapter on Monday and absolutely love it!

Word of advice...don't install on a hot motor lol

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Nice, I really can't wait to put mine in now.

How much of a reduction are seeing? Or feeling I should say?

It's definitely a shorter throw.
I have long arms and still occasionally tap the arm rest with my elbow, nowhere near as hard or as often.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
Installed my trans adapter on Monday and absolutely love it!

Word of advice...don't install on a hot motor lol
Great to hear! (that you love it, not about the hot motor)
Nice, I really can't wait to put mine in now.

How much of a reduction are seeing? Or feeling I should say?
The bracket provides at 20% shift reduction! Also, i saw the prototype today for our Fiesta ST short shift lever! Cant wait! Stay tuned for more details!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Quick question, what's the differences between the short shift lever and quick shift kit? I'm kinda new to this area.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Great to hear! (that you love it, not about the hot motor)

The bracket provides at 20% shift reduction! Also, i saw the prototype today for our Fiesta ST short shift lever! Cant wait! Stay tuned for more details!
Can't wait either!

I don't know what they means? Haha.
The lever is the actual stick that the knob is attached to, that's what they're developing now. The short shift kits are installed at the transmission (all of the current offerings for the FiST are of this variety).

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I've never understood why you'd want the actual shifter lower though. Somebody school me on this.

I get shorter shifts but I don't get lowering the shifter itself.