Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Short Shift Transmission Adapter

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

The lever is the actual stick that the knob is attached to, that's what they're developing now. The short shift kits are installed at the transmission (all of the current offerings for the FiST are of this variety).
This...
The current STS set ups are installed where the linkage/cables connect to the transmission (under the hood)...
The part in development is installed on the shifter inside the car like wwuchris said, underneath the leather boot on the shifter

I've never understood why you'd want the actual shifter lower though. Somebody school me on this.

I get shorter shifts but I don't get lowering the shifter itself.
From a driver/racer perspective, you want the shifter taller so it keeps your hand closer to the steering wheel.
From a typical driver standpoint a shorter arm on the shifter is more appealing and sometimes more ergonomic for those that primarily drive single handedly.

I've never understood why you'd want the actual shifter lower though. Somebody school me on this.

I get shorter shifts but I don't get lowering the shifter itself.
Hopefully they don't just shorten the lever, but change the pivot point.

This is a b&m shifter photo, but the point is still the same.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Oh okay. That makes sense. I guess I'll get the bushing and quick shift kit installed first and see how that changes everything.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I would like to see a shift lever that has a slight bend to it or a pivot toward the drivers seat a little.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Kind of like the Fox and New Edge mustangs. I love the way their shift levers sit.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #70
Plenty in stock! Easy to install with NO modifications needed to the OEM shift arm! This adapter provides a perfect 20% shifter reduction!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #72
20% reduction in shifts! Combine these with our Boomba Racing cable bracket bushings for the most precise shifting experience!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I think that's combined with the bushings, maybe?

But you are right; this kit was advertised to give a 20% reduction. I have yet to install mine so I would like some clarification on this also.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I think it's just a typo. Bushings won't reduce throw, just excessive movement.

Now if the shifter arm they are designing reduces throw by 30%, that would make for an awesome 50% combined. [deviltail]

Received bracket and bushings last night. Thank you so much for the wonderful instructions for those of us who are not mechanically inclined, total install time was 1.5 hours this morning. Shift feels wonderful and enjoying the heck out of it so far (quick trip to get lunch, more testing later). Thanks for such a great product!