Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Short Shift Transmission Adapter

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #82
Sorry you dont get off that ez Mister !!! LOL any ETA on the new toys ??
yes... this..... [poke]
LOL Definitely something in the works (a couple things actually), but we're still a ways from production ready! From what i have seen tho, things are coming along nicely! A few developmental 'bumps' along the way, but nothing we cant handle! Stay tuned guys!

Just ordered one to Canada!

Which will arrive first, my Fiesta or the Short Shift adapter!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #85
Just ordered one to Canada!

Which will arrive first, my Fiesta or the Short Shift adapter!
Awesome! It was boxed up and shipped out this morning! Thank you for your order! Hopefully they'll arrive at the same time! hah

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #87
These transmission adapters are precision CNC machined from billet steel for added weight during shifts, and zinc coated for appearance and durability! Most orders ship out with in 1 business day! get yours today!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Just got my car back from getting the bushings, quick shift kit, and rear motor mount installed. If anybody is second guessing getting these parts, don't. Having them all installed at once really shows how incredible they change everything.

The top shifts are significantly shorter and they're so crisp. And going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd is so much smoother with the motor mount. If you want to really feel difference get them all put on at once; that's really you really get to appreciate what they're doing.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #89
Just got my car back from getting the bushings, quick shift kit, and rear motor mount installed. If anybody is second guessing getting these parts, don't. Having them all installed at once really shows how incredible they change everything.

The top shifts are significantly shorter and they're so crisp. And going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd is so much smoother with the motor mount. If you want to really feel difference get them all put on at once; that's really you really get to appreciate what they're doing.
Thank you for the update! And thank for choosing Boomba!

Awesome! It was boxed up and shipped out this morning! Thank you for your order! Hopefully they'll arrive at the same time! hah
haha, no such luck... got the transmission adapter a while ago, thanks! Updated ETA on my car however is now Nov 17th :(

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #92
COMING SOON!!! Boomba Racing Short throw shifter!!

Just wanted to give you guys a teaser of the new short throw shift lever we're finishing up! It replaces the OEM piece, has a slight bend to it. Its 3-way adjustable with position for STOCK, 10% and 20% throw reductions!
Or, combine it with our Transmission Bracket's 20% and you get shift reductions of 28% and 40%!. Stay tuned for more info!

Boomba Fiesta ST STS copy by Boomba_Racing, on Flickr

COMING SOON!!! Boomba Racing Short throw shifter!!

Just wanted to give you guys a teaser of the new short throw shift lever we're finishing up! It replaces the OEM piece, has a slight bend to it. Its 3-way adjustable with position for STOCK, 10% and 20% throw reductions!
Or, combine it with our Transmission Bracket's 20% and you get shift reductions of 28% and 40%!. Stay tuned for more info!

Boomba Fiesta ST STS copy by Boomba_Racing, on Flickr
Whoa. Whats the difference between the short throw shifter and the transmission bracket? Do they both just reduce the throw?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Whoa. Whats the difference between the short throw shifter and the transmission bracket? Do they both just reduce the throw?
That's what it sounds like. I like the fact that it doesn't go as far forward in the pic for first, third and fifth. I sit pretty far back and this will keep me from having to reach for especially fifth. Boomba, what is the price going to be on this?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I think you would do one or the other...with the short shifter kit being adjustable I like it better.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Well personally I love the 20 percent that the adapter gives you so if I didn't have the adapter I'd end up picking it up along with this anyway for higher percentages.

My question is will it be as hard as the focus people said it was to install? I heard it wasn't easy at all.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Well personally I love the 20 percent that the adapter gives you so if I didn't have the adapter I'd end up picking it up along with this anyway for higher percentages.

My question is will it be as hard as the focus people said it was to install? I heard it wasn't easy at all.
The FiST and FoST are different in design.

FiST-

FoST-

Even if it's a little difficult it will still most likely be much easier than the FoST as there is a lot more space to work with.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
That's a relief. I feel bad giving my mechanics difficult jobs. Ha.

That just makes this even more appealing. I can't imagine a huge difference between 20 and 28 but I would definitely love that 40 percent reduction.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #100
We've designed and shift lever replacement, that by itself has 3 adjustable position for shift reduction. Can be combined with the trans bracket for the ultimate shifting experience!