Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Short Shift Transmission Adapter

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #101
Well personally I love the 20 percent that the adapter gives you so if I didn't have the adapter I'd end up picking it up along with this anyway for higher percentages.

My question is will it be as hard as the focus people said it was to install? I heard it wasn't easy at all.
Its about the same actually! We'll have detailed instructions and we're also putting together an install video to help as well. Most people with basic tools should be able to complete it in an hour/hour and a half!

Hmm... I may have to pick this up as well. I have the shift adapter and I love it. The instructions could definitely use some work, though.

in for the shifter.. can't wait...

well i might have to wait a little.. lol... prepping my svt for autox... but i'm def in within the first month this comes out.. lol (shifter)

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #105
Now including a nifty install video!

[video=youtube;194vuftHHgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=194vuftHHgA&list=UUiYmW6ixFWTf2ICCifpMrfw[/video]

Chris G

Mines been in for about two weeks now. Like what others have said, I think it should have come from the factory like this. I have noticed that neutral is now a little 'off center' and the throw from neutral to 2nd is shorter than the throw from 1st to neutral. It doesn't bug me... just something I noticed.

I installed the bracket bushings at the same time. I would highly recommend those as well since they are only $28 and you're already in there doing the install for the adapter.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Mines been in for about two weeks now. Like what others have said, I think it should have come from the factory like this. I have noticed that neutral is now a little 'off center' and the throw from neutral to 2nd is shorter than the throw from 1st to neutral. It doesn't bug me... just something I noticed.

I installed the bracket bushings at the same time. I would highly recommend those as well since they are only $28 and you're already in there doing the install for the adapter.
Agreed! Doing the bushings at the same time saves you from having to pull it all apart again.