Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Short Shift Transmission Adapter

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Chris G

I am getting ready to do the base bushings too once I get my Redline boot in the mail. Anyone know how much of a difference those may make?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I really don't know the difference individually, but I do know that the trans adaptor, trans bracket bushings, the short shifter and shifter base bushings all together are perfect on this car...IMHO.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
The bushings will add a solid feel to the shifter if used along or in combo with other Boomba bushings it has at least for me a addative effect. You should notice a nice firm feel once the bushings are installed .. I hope you are as happy with them as I and other seem to be..

Just installed the boomba sts lever in my FiST. Now "911 assist fault" shows up on my mft. And my code reader "cannot read codes".
Any ideas? I made sure all electrical plugs were reconnected, but I guess I will double check them tomorrow.

Shifting felt great though. Esp paired with the boomba base bushings

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Just installed the boomba sts lever in my FiST. Now "911 assist fault" shows up on my mft. And my code reader "cannot read codes".
Any ideas? I made sure all electrical plugs were reconnected, but I guess I will double check them tomorrow.

Shifting felt great though. Esp paired with the boomba base bushings
http://boards.synccommunity.com/dis...dio/fordsyncmb/8252.1?redirCnt=1&nav=messages
http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/10688-911-assist-error-and-dealer-cannot-fix-it/
not a lot of help but seems not a model limited problem it is a SYNC problem

mrtn

No one else have this issue? Should I been looking out for something when I install mine?

Just odd that it only popped up after the install. Not blaming the product at all, just odd timing. Going to redo the install tomorrow. Hopefully that works.

mrtn

Just odd that it only popped up after the install. Not blaming the product at all, just odd timing. Going to redo the install tomorrow. Hopefully that works.
Take a couple pics this time [emoji12]

Only pic I grabbed. The how to shows a lot of pics.

And I lost one of the little plastic white clips. Oh well. Searched for 30 minutes for it. Haha

mrtn

Cool. How's the tension on the shift cable? It looks pretty tight in there

And this connection was knocked loose/open.

Just another something to look out for. I thought I was being careful, but I guess I hit it when reinstalling the console.
Test fired and no lights or warnings.

Doesn't seem much more tight (can't think of the proper tense) than oem... Time to really go give it a test drive now. Hahaha

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Doesn't seem much more tight (can't think of the proper tense) than oem... Time to really go give it a test drive now. Hahaha
Mine wasn't any tighter than stock when i did my if i recall ;) (hope that helps)

I was thinking of "taught" but wasn't sure if I was going to spell it right.
Had a few drinks last night and haven't had my coffee.. Lol

Man, these forward gears are freaking nice. And it honestly feels way better than the boomba one for the FoST (not that the FoST one is bad, this one is just that much better)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I was thinking of "taught" but wasn't sure if I was going to spell it right.
Had a few drinks last night and haven't had my coffee.. Lol

Man, these forward gears are freaking nice. And it honestly feels way better than the boomba one for the FoST (not that the FoST one is bad, this one is just that much better)
Ahhh yes it isn't anymore taut than the factory unit.. enough engrish and I had my coffee and sudafed .. love winter .. lol It is a nice shifter though ..

Young L

Even doing just the trans bracket was a night an day difference, this is a definite mod to do. Also i freakin broke the lock reverse clip, and you cant just buy it separate either. its part of the shifter assembly.