Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MPG on new ST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Depends on where you live and the season your in....I'm getting 29.5 during the winter and during the summer I was seeing 32-35 mpg.

My first tank averaged 33MPG because it was mostly highway. I drive in a lot of traffic on my commute to and from work so my everyday average is about 28. I also don't drive with gas mileage in mind because it has an ST badge for a reason. Generally my long highway drives tend to average right about 33MPG. If I tried I know I could get better, but I have too much fun with this car. I always fill up with 93 octane. The decent gas mileage is more of a plus to me rather than a selling point of this car. I can drive how I want and still make reasonable gas mileage, or drive easy and make really good gas mileage.

I just got a 2016 recently. I was staying around 30 but since the drop in filter and Mountune exhaust, it's up around 33, hardly any of that is highway driving though.

Ive manually kept track of 5000 miles worth of fuel ups. My best MPG is 28.3 MPG on 91 octane with 90% highway driving. My overall average is 25.8 MPG with 75% of that being city driving. I average 25-30mph for speed for each tank. 24 tanks of gas registered, 211 gallons for a total cost of 740 dollars (California)

DaveG99

stock Im getting 29 overall after 400 miles. Ive only had the car 2 days!

I would like to have the option to see an "instant" gas mileage reading with the car. Some vehicles do this, it's not new tech. I want to see a "what's my car mpg right now" at whatever speed I'm doing. I.E.: At a stop light it would read zero mpg. At 65 mph, on the highway, it would read 38.5 mpg or so. Driving down the Cajon pass, in nuetral, at 70 mph it would read 451 mpg.

I would like to have the option to see an "instant" gas mileage reading with the car. Some vehicles do this, it's not new tech. I want to see a "what's my car mpg right now" at whatever speed I'm doing. I.E.: At a stop light it would read zero mpg. At 65 mph, on the highway, it would read 38.5 mpg or so. Driving down the Cajon pass, in nuetral, at 70 mph it would read 451 mpg.
My 2016 has this, but it tops out at 99.9 mpg at coast.

I would have actually wrote 99 mpg instead of 451, but there would have been some clown who wrote back saying, "ya know it only stops at 99 mpg, but the actual mpg is much higher." Damned if you do, damned if you don't. But, it would be cool to see/have one that does go higher.

Am I just bad at keeping my foot light? I average about 22.5mpg with mainly city driving.

What rpm does boost kick in?

2016 with ~1200miles on fwiw

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Am I just bad at keeping my foot light? I average about 22.5mpg with mainly city driving.

What rpm does boost kick in?

2016 with ~1200miles on fwiw
Funny you should ask that, I was wondering the same thing. I have a similar situation, I check it each tank, and it's around 22-24 mpg on my '16 with 1500 miles. I'm either in town or out in the country on a fun drive, and I run it up quickly through 1st through third each time I drive, with some cruising in the country but little highway driving.