Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Chris G

Truthfully, I am picky about my stuff matching and I have a few other Cobb parts. Worth the extra couple bucks for me so my OCD self sleeps better at night.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Oh okay. That makes sense. Thanks. I'm thinking of going with Eibachs or mountunes. But the mountunes are only a few bucks cheaper than the Cobbs so I guess that isn't much better.

Chris G

I thought about going Mountune but was not sold on the larger drop since I commute 70+ miles a day. I am sure they are fine for most, but did not want to risk it.

LT Berzerker

Thanks man :) Yep good ol'skonny I'm actually in mke, wheels are TD PR 1.2's in anthracite wrapped in stock tires. Specs are listed farther up.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Yea cuz I have the steepest driveway probably known to man so I would have to go with those I think I need to make the measurements pulling into my driveway
Join the club...
This is with coilovers and 24.1" diameter tires. If I go any lower...scrape city.

masonsturbos

I'm stuck between 4 sets of lowering springs...
H&R
Vogtlands
Eibach
Mountune
I'm sticking with stock wheels for a bit, I want a pretty good drop but i don't want to replace shocks with the new springs.
Anyone with Vogtlands scrape? I am thinking my top options are Vogtland and Mountune but at this point I don't know. Pros and cons of each as well as additional parts needed- ie for adjustments- would be helpful:))

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
If it helps,
The Eibach and Mountune are the same ride height.
A friend of mine and I had the prototypes of each and everything measured the same.

Dave

kevinatfms

If it helps,
The Eibach and Mountune are the same ride height.
A friend of mine and I had the prototypes of each and everything measured the same.
Its more than likely that the Cobb, Eibach and Mountune springs are all the original Pro-Kit springs just with the specific manufacturer name and powdercoat color.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Its more than likely that the Cobb, Eibach and Mountune springs are all the original Pro-Kit springs just with the specific manufacturer name and powdercoat color.

I agree.

Dave

As per the manufacturers websites...

OEM spring rates:
F- 172 lbs/in
R- 137 lbs/in

Mountune spring rate:
F- 181
R- 144
Drop is 1.1 front/0.8 rear

Eibach spring rate:
F- 109-172
R- 58-143
Drop is 0.8/0.7
This is a progressive spring, unlike the Mountune set.

Cobb doesn't list spring rate, but the drop is exactly the same as Eibach and they are listed as progressive.

That's being said, Mountune are probably produced by Eibach to Mountune specs, where as Cobb's are just rebranded Eibachs.

EDIT: For the record, I had H&R springs and while the car looked awesome and was dumped, it was a tad stiff for me. I switched to Eibachs and absolutely love the looks and the progressive rates.

kevinatfms

As per the manufacturers websites...

OEM spring rates:
F- 172 lbs/in
R- 137 lbs/in

Mountune spring rate:
F- 181
R- 144
Drop is 1.1 front/0.8 rear

Eibach spring rate:
F- 109-172
R- 58-143
Drop is 0.8/0.7
This is a progressive spring, unlike the Mountune set.

Cobb doesn't list spring rate, but the drop is exactly the same as Eibach and they are listed as progressive.

That's being said, Mountune are probably produced by Eibach to Mountune specs, where as Cobb's are just rebranded Eibachs.

EDIT: For the record, I had H&R springs and while the car looked awesome and was dumped, it was a tad stiff for me. I switched to Eibachs and absolutely love the looks and the progressive rates.
All 3(Cobb, Eibach Pro-Kit, Mountune) are progressive rate, look at the spring design. The coil spacing and thickness are not the same though the entire travel of the spring. Linear rate coils will have the coil wind and diameter the same throughout as this determines the rate at which the coil will compress a certain weight a certain distance. When you have differing coil spacing/thickness over the entire length of the coil, it is then progressive(either 2 stage firm/soft or full travel progressive).

The stock springs i believe are linear rate(need a picture of them off the car to be able to tell). Most stock Ford springs were linear rate. Some are front linear and rear progressive to help curb the snap oversteer apparent on some vehicles.

I believe that Eibach screwed up the listing on the spring rate for the fronts. No way are they the same as stock at 172 at final rate. Also the listed drop of the Eibachs has been shown to be the exact same 1.1/.8 as the Mountune springs once installed on the car. This leads me to believe that the Mountune springs are the same as the Eibach Pro-Kit. Same goes with the Cobb lowering spring.