Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Based

Are those drop numbers in the OP for the ST or for the normal Fiesta? I'm looking for pretty much no wheel gap so I'm curious about the Vogs but I've read that those numbers might be for the regular fiesta.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I just got off of the phone with Swift Springs USA HQ tech in Cali, and they claim that their R Spec springs for the FiST ARE actually linear rate, despite looking like they are progressive rate.
The tech claimed that those close bunched coils on the bottom of the spring function the same as a 'tender' or 'helper' spring would on a coil over setup, and are in FULL bind even at static height, leaving the rest of the coils to act in an accurate liner rate manner.

He also claimed that they are designed to take full advantage of whatever the stock damper valving is as it came from the factory. :)

I may just pull the trigger on these as they seem to be the ONLY ones out there who even claim to be a linear rate at all (at least until someone releases a coil over setup I could be satisfied with owning).

I also did speak with Ground Control today, and they said that they will have a FiST in there by November to start R&D into a coil over conversion setup, hopefully with a release date for the kit by late spring next year.

I want to wait on that (before deciding on a coil over setup), since then one could use the Koni double adjustable dampers (for the regular Fiesta), and put this kit over them, and have SEPARATE rebound and compression adjustments WITH a height adjustable/corner weight capable, linear rate coil over spring (Swift or otherwise). [biggrin]

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Just about everyone with mountune, Cobb, and Eibach springs have mentioned that the ride quality has improved. But what about eliminating what little body-roll the FiST has; have they all helped with that as well?

JBO

Just about everyone with mountune, Cobb, and Eibach springs have mentioned that the ride quality has improved. But what about eliminating what little body-roll the FiST has; have they all helped with that as well?
Body roll is the same but can be quelled further with Eibach sway bars. I haven't bothered to do this yet.

This thread is a total mishmash......

It is covering a huge range of various reasons for changing springs and dampers on their Fiesta. All popular lowering springs are VARIABLE type springs. They do not have a stated rate. The companies offering these kits usually do offer two levels of products. The tame/mild and the extreme/ firm types. Most stock type dampers will be destroyed by the extreme/firm types of spring sets. Stock dampers are simply not engineered to operate at the ride height and frequency that those products bring as their characteristic nature. Stock Fiesta dampers are built to a price. I will not call them cheap. But, I also won't call them robust or built to a tight specification! Linear springs are what is found on coilover type suspension kits for Fiesta. It is primarily a race car system. These suspension systems are adjusted by placing the car on a set of scales and adjusting each spring perch in such a way that the weight of car is distributed as equally as possible, front/rear and side to side. A decent set of wireless electronic scales with a feature that calculates the cross weights for you is about $2,300. So, those people who think that just installing a coilover kit is all it takes to get the ultimate suspension are not quite halfway there unless they can set it up without scales! My experience with coilover setups on street cars is that they do work.But, the adjustment collars are very intolerant of salt and road dirt! If you are a lazy bastard, you will have a ton of headaches when you try to adjust your seized up, dirt encrusted dampers. Here we are at page 23 of this subject and I'm the first guy to bring up this kinda ugly truth. It just is what it is.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^The solution to the above problem is to find a shop which DOES do accurate corner weighting, which I did when I had both the LG/Bilstein coil overs, and the Koni/GC coil over conversions on my Z28. ;)

You ARE correct about the dirt/oil/and corrosion problems of coil overs on a year 'round, daily driven in the snow/salt belt, but, the solution here is to NOT be a 'lazy azz', and it pays to actually be OCD with the power sprayer when coil overs are used in those conditions.

I was going to say either Amsoil HD metal Protector, or Fluid Film coatings on the threads/collars/Torrington Bearings (IF you have these on your setup), but those tend to attract even more dirt, and can be hard to remove when needed.

JBO

I can't imagine body roll is the same. That doesn't make sense.

In high speed cornering maybe it's a little flatter but what I am trying to convey is that fitting the springs improved the ride significantly without altering the character of the way the car behaves to a major degree. That to me is a win because I love the way the car is "out of the box". The only thing I didn't like was the ride quality, or lack thereof. Problem solved!

Hey everyone, I finally had a chance to get lower this weekend. Installed H&R sport springs and I couldn't be happier how everything came out. Let me know what you think!
You sure those aren't the H&R Super Sport springs (they're blue)? That looks quite low haha

If so I'd love to know what you think about them now. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on some Super Sports.

I mis spoke. They are definitely super sports. I love them so far. Gives the car a more aggressive look and honestly the ride quality is not changed too much, seeing as our cars are on the stiff side to begin with.