Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Shifter Bracket Bushings Install.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Boomba Transmission Bracket Bushings Install...

Went ahead and got the Black Boomba Racing solid shifter bracket bushings (for the shifter cable plate on the transmission.
Did the Install today and love the feel afterward it is just a tad crisper and more defined when selecting a gear . I also have the Mountune quick shift so your results may be different..

Here are some pics
Most of the Tools needed

Engine cover removed check

Air Intake tube and Airbox removed check

There is what i need to get to the shifter cable

Battery out Check and what you need to remove the battery box and attached ECU

At THIS POINT SOME HAVE REPORTED Getting the bushings replaced without taking the cables off or the braket out. That works too this is but one way to do it :)

Then just put everything you took off back on in the order you removed it and have fun
Very nice feel once it is done

Have had this upgrade in for a while and LOVE IT one of the best cost effective MODS you can do...
Kudo's Boomba!!

They provide very good instructions along with a great Product..
Here we see the Blue bushings also ;)

mrtn

Thanks! Some of the pics aren't loading for me. Not sure if it's just me. Anyway my bushings, shift adapter and round knob are in the mail. :)

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I have the same kit sitting at my place. Can't wait to install them all. Complete shifting upgrade all at once.

mrtn

I have the same kit sitting at my place. Can't wait to install them all. Complete shifting upgrade all at once.
My thoughts too. Only want to take things apart once.

Hey Rod, just noticed your instruction say the thicker bushing goes on the bottom... Boomba says thicker bushing goes on the top, which is how I did mine.

Installed the FSWERKS Transmission Bracket Bushings. I super clued the aluminum bushings to the bracket before installing. This way you don?t have to line the bushing up when reinstalling the bracket. Its particularly helpful for the side bushing. You could probably also do this for the Boomba Transmission bushings.

DP03

It seems that another "loose" connection are the bushings on the cable linkage themselves. Where you pop off the linkage with the flathead screwdriver. Is that connection supposed to be "loose" by design?

Business6

I'm currently in the install of this but when it comes to the shifter arms that are connected to the bracket as shown below how do I remove these? Is there a locking mechanism or do I pull up on them from where they attach at the bracket?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I'm currently in the install of this but when it comes to the shifter arms that are connected to the bracket as shown below how do I remove these? Is there a locking mechanism or do I pull up on them from where they attach at the bracket?

They have a video shoot the install. Yes those are locking the area with all the ridges can be pulled away.

Business6

Cool, thanks guys! I've not worked on something like that before and the video wasn't terribly descriptive when it came to how they were secured. Only takes about 10 minutes to get back to that point so that's good, at least. I'll try it out again when I get home!

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran

Went ahead and got the Black Boomba Racing solid shifter bracket bushings (for the shifter cable plate on the transmission.
Did the Install today and love the feel afterward it is just a tad crisper and more defined when selecting a gear . I also have the Mountune quick shift so your results may be different..

Here are some pics
Most of the Tools needed

At THIS POINT SOME HAVE REPORTED Getting the bushings replaced without taking the cables off or the braket out. That works too this is but one way to do it :)

Then just put everything you took off back on in the order you removed it and have fun

Have had this upgrade in for a while and LOVE IT one of the best cost effective MODS you can do...
Kudo's Boomba!!

Did mine today, the only thing I did different was glue the bushing halves together with a dab of Permatex, made reinstalling the bracket easy. Sit it in place run the bolts in done.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

Here are some pics
Most of the Tools needed

Kudo's Boomba!!

Am I the only one who can't see the pictures?

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I have the base bushings and short shift kit. Keep telling myself the bracket bushings aren't worth the hassle but then they keep creeping into my thoughts...

I have the base bushings and short shift kit. Keep telling myself the bracket bushings aren't worth the hassle but then they keep creeping into my thoughts...
lol, same here. I wasn't going to bother after installing the SSK and the shifter base bushings but I realize the check engine codes I'm throwing happened after my SSK install so I need to take apart the battery housing to get to the ECU connection and put those back together again anyway so I figured I'd do the base bushings while I'm there. I keep hearing that is the most significant difference in shifter feel outside of upgrading the transmission oil so figure why not?