Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

• 2J-Racing

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • Borla

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Cobb

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 27 6.3%
  • FSWerks

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • MBRP

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Milltek

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • MRT Rally Sport

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Scorpian

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Injen

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 26 6.1%
  • Mountune

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Custom

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • TSUDO

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters

brbauer2

I couldn't sleep at all so I went out to the garage and wrenched away!

Installed my Magnaflow exhaust. It's one I had on my '12 Fiesta SE.

I wasn't sure if it would fit our bumper so I took the time to jack the car @ all 4 corners and drop the rear suspension. With the suspension dropped I was able to unhook the stock exhaust from the hangers/downpipe and slide it out of the way to test fit the Magnaflow before cutting the stock to get it out.

It fit great except the hangers on my muffler must have been welded on @ the wrong angle. It always was a little crooked on the '12, but never enough to touch anything or look out of place. Well, not so lucky with the ST. Took it to a local muffler shop to see what they could do. 45 minutes and $30 later they had cut the hangers of and welded on new ones to make the muffler hang straight.

I did a complete spray with High Heat Primer and High Heat Flat Black since it had rusted while sitting in the garage for 2 years. The rust was sanded away before priming. Did that job last week.

paint's still wet in this picture

Not much louder than stock while cruising around, but as soon as you step on it WHOOOOOSH TUUUURRRBOOOOO!!!

IMG_0088.JPG

Went with the MBRP 3 inch exhaust and I couldn't be happier. It is super loud though just be warned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone ever use the axle-back from Remus? All my driving is highway (2500-3000 rpm) and I'm afraid of any drone. Stock exhaust is bent from accident but I would like to upgrade instead of paying a ton for the stock system. Any input would be great on the route I should go

anyone ever use the axle-back from Remus? All my driving is highway (2500-3000 rpm) and I'm afraid of any drone. Stock exhaust is bent from accident but I would like to upgrade instead of paying a ton for the stock system. Any input would be great on the route I should go
Can't say I've heard anyone with the Remus. Those who want to avoid drone usually go with Mountune or FSWERKS. I have the FSWERKS with an MAP downpipe and love it!

I run the mountune system and have no drone either. Exhaust is built beautifully and sounds very deep. They also threw me a 20% discount code so it was only 550 shipped. Doesn't hurt to ask. [thumb]

GAbOS

One thing to note about the Remus. Apparently you can purchase just the axle back leaving your OE resonator so that answers that question about drone.

Butterybunz

I have a full 3" Ultimate Racing system on the way: catted downpipe with the metal 200 cell core, resonated exhaust with the 4" turndown tip.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I have a full 3" Ultimate Racing system on the way: catted downpipe with the metal 200 cell core, resonated exhaust with the 4" turndown tip.
You're going to be the first one? Iirc idk anyone who has one.

Sent from my CIA monitored device

Butterybunz

You're going to be the first one? Iirc idk anyone who has one.

Not sure! I couldn't find any sound clips other than the one they provide. I wanted something that was full 3", no drone, quality cat and I really like the subtle look of the 4" single turndown tip. It will be mated to an X37.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Not sure! I couldn't find any sound clips other than the one they provide. I wanted something that was full 3", no drone, quality cat and I really like the subtle look of the 4" single turndown tip. It will be mated to an X37.
Good choice on the turbo and the turbo back? You must be stoked[emoji959]????

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I really like the subtle look of the 4" single turndown tip.
SAME HERE! [thumb]

So much so that I am going to buy that tip, cut the 'melon launcher' can off of the end of my cp-e tail pipe, and have that one welded on in it's place (and it ain't exactly cheap!).

I still have the black CeraKoted (by me) twin tip the cp-e system came with, so I can swap between the two if I ever get tired of one or another.

IF I would have known about the Ultimate racing system before I bought the cp-e, I would have considered it instead. [wink]

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
There is ONE other member on here who has had one for a while, but I forgot his username.
Right on, my favourite tbe for the Mazdaspeed3 was made by them. I did look into their offerings before my cp-e purchase, but the price steered me away lol. Iirc the PLM DP is an exact copy of their DP, but for hundreds less.

Has anybody done a resonator delete and swapped the muffler to something "sportier" (while keeping the stock piping)? I NEED a sound clip!

I'm planning on going to my local exhaust shop and having this done but don't want to hate the sound (obviously). I've already heard clips of the resonator delete and I like the burbles and pops but it's not quite loud enough.