Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

• 2J-Racing

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • Borla

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Cobb

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 27 6.3%
  • FSWerks

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • MBRP

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Milltek

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • MRT Rally Sport

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Scorpian

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Injen

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 26 6.1%
  • Mountune

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Custom

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • TSUDO

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters
I would have to say the MBRP Exhaust.. As a company that works with MBRP directly .. from show cars to Product Development of New Applications..

We got tired of customers having no options at a decent price.. Its either Borla T-304 or Magnaflow T-409 .. or in the Focus ST World. 2 1/2 or 3 inch ( Cobb only 3 inch)

With MBRP its 304 Stainless, 409 Stainless, or Aluminized.. Downpipes and IC piping will also be coming out soon..

If ANYONE has any questions on the MBRP.. We would be glad to answer your questions.. Feel Free to PM us as well.

Horsepower direct is where I purchased my exhaust from. Good guys will do business with them again.

Will be looking out for the intercooler piping in the future.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I'm getting my Cobb Turboback along with a few other goodies (FMIC kit, RMM, Intake, AP V3 stage 3) installed over at Cobb SoCal this Thursday...I'll be taking lots of pics while I'm there and will post the entire install in a new build thread after its all done.....

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I'm getting my Cobb Catback along with a few other goodies (FMIC kit, RMM, Intake, AP V3 stage 2) installed over at Cobb SoCal this Thursday...I'll be taking lots of pics while I'm there and will post the entire install in a new build thread after its all done.....
Damn I wish I had them near me. I would love to be able to do that. Definitely take a lot of photos. I'm seriously interested I'm seeing the process.

Post the new build thread in this thread if you don't mind. I don't want to miss that thread. Ha.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I'm getting my Cobb Turboback along with a few other goodies (FMIC kit, RMM, Intake, AP V3 stage 3) installed over at Cobb SoCal this Thursday...I'll be taking lots of pics while I'm there and will post the entire install in a new build thread after its all done.....
Were you able to go to the shop today? I'd like to hear how it went.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Were you able to go to the shop today? I'd like to hear how it went.
Unfortunately we had to reschedule since the FMIC kit hadn't arrived at the Cobb SOCAL shop today but everything else is in stock and at the shop waiting...I'm now scheduled for Tues at 9am since they are booked until then...I plan on posting a build thread with writeup and pics of my day spent at Cobb getting everything installed and tuned (stage 3)...

Btw..here's a video posted back in June by Matt Farah (i.e. "The Smoking Tire") where he had the guys at Cobb SoCAL Install and test Cobb's TurboBack ..The video goes on to demonstrate before (stock) and after (Cobb TBE) exhaust sound clips during idle, hard launch, cruising and at WOT...also he had recorded the exhaust note while on the dyno (loaded) at Cobb...

[video=youtube;mlyemsa-F7Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlyemsa-F7Y&list=UUgeGealT0QYcrnoYRMltDZg[/video]

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Unfortunately we had to reschedule since the FMIC kit hadn't arrived at the Cobb SOCAL shop today but everything else is in stock and at the shop waiting)...I'm now scheduled for Tues at 9am since they are booked until then...I plan on posting a build thread with writeup and pics of my day spent at Cobb getting everything installed and tuned (stage 3)...
Sounds good man. Can't wait to see the progress.

Unfortunately we had to reschedule since the FMIC kit hadn't arrived at the Cobb SOCAL shop today but everything else is in stock and at the shop waiting...I'm now scheduled for Tues at 9am since they are booked until then...I plan on posting a build thread with writeup and pics of my day spent at Cobb getting everything installed and tuned (stage 3)...
Get some hand tools and do it yourself bud. The install is straight forward with COBBs tutorials.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Get some hand tools and do it yourself bud. The install is straight forward with COBBs tutorials.
Yeah I know...I reviewed all the instructions and I have all the tools in my garage and its not at all difficult to do the install of the TBE, FMIC kit, and RMM...But honestly after having done these types of basic installs on past vehicles I'm at the point in my life where I'd rather take it over to Cobb and pay them to install every for me at the same time...Also I'm looking forward to meeting up with the team at Cobb and seeing what other things they may be working on...

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Yeah I know...I reviewed all the instructions and I have all the tools in my garage and its not at all difficult to do the install of the TBE, FMIC kit, and RMM...But honestly after having done these types of basic installs on past vehicles I'm at the point in my life where I'd rather take it over to Cobb and pay them to install every for me at the same time...Also I'm looking forward to meeting up with the team at Cobb and seeing what other things they may be working on...
My thoughts too. I would love to have a cobb shop near me. I'd go there for everything all the time. Ha.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I just installed the FSWERKS cat back on OEM downpipe. I really like the sound. The install was really easy, even for an old man doing everything by himself. I'll have some before and after videos for comparison this week. Two weeks previously, I installed a Levels FMIC, Mountune charge pipe upgrade and Murray turbo clamps.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I personally wouldn't want to get an exhaust system without a downpipe. I heard that's where you get most of your power gains. Unless I'm misinformed.

That's why I'm thinking of going with cobb for both of them. I've heard their two parts together and it just sounds perfect. I know it's a premium price but I think it's worth it.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I'll be installing a Cobb catted downpipe soon. I wanted to hear the exhaust note with just the cat back. One step at a time.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
That makes sense. I was just saying that for me because I'll be paying somebody to install mine so I don't want to have to take it in twice for exhaust work.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I'm really debating between catted Cobb and catted 2JR. $100.00 difference between the two, and the cobb has a reduction in tube diameter past the cat, which the 2JR dosen't. I think the 2JR wins.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
A reduction in diameter can increase back pressure if you have a 2-1/2" Cobb down pipe mated to a 2-1/2" Cobb exhaust. Worst if you have a 3" FSWERKS exhaust. No problem with a 3" cat downpipe and exhaust.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
A reduction in diameter can increase back pressure if you have a 2-1/2" Cobb down pipe mated to a 2-1/2" Cobb exhaust. Worst if you have a 3" FSWERKS exhaust. No problem with a 3" cat downpipe and exhaust.
hmmm.....

The FSwerks catback is also a 2.5" diameter pipe (as advertised) which is exactly same as Cobb's catback pipe dia? Perhaps your referring to the exhaust "tips" which they state are 3" dia??

http://www.fswerks.com/products/fswerks-stealth-exhaust-system-ford-fiesta-st-1-6l-2014

And Cobb's catted downpipe begins at 3" dia (off the turbo) into a 3" dia Cat and then exits into a 3" dia flex pipe then transitions into very short 2.5" pipe to flange which couples up nicely into their 2.5" catback...

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Ford-Fiesta-ST-Catted-Downpipe-p/501200.htm

So to my point...you really wouldn't see any measurable difference with a 2J catted downpipe coupled into a 2.5" FSWerks catback compared to Cobb's catted downpipe coupled into Cobb's 2.5" catback...