Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

• 2J-Racing

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • Borla

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Cobb

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 27 6.3%
  • FSWerks

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • MBRP

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Milltek

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • MRT Rally Sport

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Scorpian

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Injen

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 26 6.1%
  • Mountune

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Custom

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • TSUDO

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Installed my cobb cbe and its wonderful. For a non resonated exhaust it has very little drone. As a matter of fact from incabin it sounds identical to the resonated magnaflow i had. Cobb didnt rush this exhaust for good reason and Im very pleased.

I first bought the MRT, the quality was complete garbage. Box was destroyed up delivery, the internals of the box was consistent with zero packaging filler, my exhaust was sliding about 3 feet back and fourth, it was not wrapped at all, one exhaust hanger weld was broken off. and they included all the wrong hardware for the installation, I called them and they were not willing to do much to solve the problem claimed "Oh we have new guys working in the back, they probably just got the hardware mixed up with another order" LOL. Also, one of the tips was a bit tainted as in actually slightly bent in (looked like someone with a butterknife hit it with all they had on one long stroke), when it was installed, none of the hangers really matched up correctly, they were being pulled all different directions at funky angles but still barely managed to make the articulation. Then about a week later, the V-Band 2 1/2 inch exhaust clamp began to develop soot around it indicating a leak. I removed it and cranked it back down 100% tightness (100% is where the blocking plate cuts torque), and it still somehow developed a leak yet again!, took it off and sending it back for the following reasons,

-Bad fitment
-horrendous packaging job
-broken weld out of box
-leaking at the rear
-failure to include proper hardware

*But man, the exhaust sounded so PERFECT*

Cobb has without doubt, the best overall quality and craftsmanship product on the market for our cars in my opinion.

I went then with Cobb and all of the above issues were 100% remedied entirely

Bingo. Stories like this just sent me right to Cobb at the outset, and that's what I happily took. There may be better, however from a function of consistency and getting exactly what you ordered and knowing it will fit, Can't say a bad thing about Cobb so far.

I first bought the MRT, the quality was complete garbage. Box was destroyed up delivery, the internals of the box was consistent with zero packaging filler, my exhaust was sliding about 3 feet back and fourth, it was not wrapped at all, one exhaust hanger weld was broken off. and they included all the wrong hardware for the installation, I called them and they were not willing to do much to solve the problem claimed "Oh we have new guys working in the back, they probably just got the hardware mixed up with another order" LOL. Also, one of the tips was a bit tainted as in actually slightly bent in (looked like someone with a butterknife hit it with all they had on one long stroke), when it was installed, none of the hangers really matched up correctly, they were being pulled all different directions at funky angles but still barely managed to make the articulation. Then about a week later, the V-Band 2 1/2 inch exhaust clamp began to develop soot around it indicating a leak. I removed it and cranked it back down 100% tightness (100% is where the blocking plate cuts torque), and it still somehow developed a leak yet again!, took it off and sending it back for the following reasons,

-Bad fitment
-broken weld out of box
-leaking at the rear

Cobb has without doubt, the best overall quality and craftsmanship product on the market for our cars in my opinion.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Ive owned 2JR stainless = Over priced droning Garbage. Couldnt tell if had burble and pop because the drone made me deaf.

Maganaflow = small piping, piping outer shell rusted over one winter, no burble only when cold on low throttle and occasional pops. Some drone but nothing like the 2jr.

And now i own Cobbs = superior build quality compared to the other two above. I get more burble than magnaflow but not as much as I would like. Maybe its the stock dp thats muffling it other than that it sounds great.

-Bad fitment
-broken weld out of box
-leaking at the rear

I am curious about one thing with the MRT- was there any interior drone being that it is a straight pipe design? If so how loud/annoying- Thanks!

Ive owned 2JR stainless = Over priced droning Garbage. Couldnt tell if had burble and pop because the drone made me deaf.

Maganaflow = small piping, piping outer shell rusted over one winter, no burble only when cold on low throttle and occasional pops. Some drone but nothing like the 2jr.

And now i own Cobbs = superior build quality compared to the other two above. I get more burble than magnaflow but not as much as I would like. Maybe its the stock dp thats muffling it other than that it sounds great.

That is terrible to have to go through 3 exhaust setups to find the right one. I went with COBB right off the bat, the best sounded and build quality exhaust on the market in my opinion. It may cost a little more than the others, but the quality in it self makes it worth it. The stock downpipe does muffle the sound it a little bit for the gurgle and pop. I bought a Dead Hook Motorsports catless downpipe, and man is there gurgle and pops! It sounds so amazing paired with the cobb. The quality of the downpipe is just as good or even slightly better than COBBS CBE. I mean its just amazing sounded. I recommened anyone getting a downpipe go to DHM. IT is so more than worth it!

SICKESSS-ST

That is terrible to have to go through 3 exhaust setups to find the right one. I went with COBB right off the bat, the best sounded and build quality exhaust on the market in my opinion. It may cost a little more than the others, but the quality in it self makes it worth it. The stock downpipe does muffle the sound it a little bit for the gurgle and pop. I bought a Dead Hook Motorsports catless downpipe, and man is there gurgle and pops! It sounds so amazing paired with the cobb. The quality of the downpipe is just as good or even slightly better than COBBS CBE. I mean its just amazing sounded. I recommened anyone getting a downpipe go to DHM. IT is so more than worth it!

Any sounds clips of your set up?

the MRT does drone pretty heavily at certain rpm. you will never hear the turbo, or bpv much at all if you have the MRT, I wouldn't suggest it unless all you enjoy hearing is a roaring exhaust note. it popped and burbled like hell and I liked it for about 48 hours. not too subtle

My first exhaust was the MBRP, the packaging was very good. The installation was very straight forward and all the hardware was included including new exhaust hangers. The tone of the exhaust was perfect but it was a little loud for me. So now I have the Borla catback and I love the tone and it has a good burble on deceleration. Both exhaust or top notch and quality and Fitnment. But I prefer the Borla over the MBRP.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I'd be interested in seeing some feedback from other Scorpion exhaust owners. Who's the other three members here who have it?

C. love

gosh with all these people having 2-3 exhaust systems seems like I could find a used one for cheap lol.

if I buy new though seems Cobb is the way to go. Others have suggested FSwerks which is one im thinking of

airjor13

2000 Post Club
gosh with all these people having 2-3 exhaust systems seems like I could find a used one for cheap lol.

if I buy new though seems Cobb is the way to go. Others have suggested FSwerks which is one im thinking of
You will not be disappointed with the FSwerks

I'd be interested in seeing some feedback from other Scorpion exhaust owners. Who's the other three members here who have it?
I have the Scorpion 3" resonated with a 3" decat downpipe, I think quality, fitment and exhaust note is good, but damn its droning/noisy at wot and certain rpm?s, I have purchased some sounddeadening and soundinsulation for the boot to see if it helps.

Ford Community Posts