Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

• 2J-Racing

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • Borla

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Cobb

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 27 6.3%
  • FSWerks

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • MBRP

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Milltek

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • MRT Rally Sport

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Scorpian

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Injen

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 26 6.1%
  • Mountune

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Custom

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • TSUDO

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Does anyone have experience with the 2J Racing side exit exhaust? If so, how is the sound, fit and finish?

Product listed here: https://www.2j-racing.com/fiesta-st/2jr-fiesta-st-3-side-exit-304ss.html
I would have gone with this system if it weren't for the grinding/cutting involved, and I did NOT want to chance melting the side skirt.
(I am also not sure if the corrupt service station/shop privatized inspection in this state would try and fail me for a side exit on a CAR, as a way to get money for changing out/replacing this system.)

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
What's the second loudest (since MBRP seems to wear that crown) exhaust? I have the MBRP 409 but highway drone is terrible and I don't want to keep buying exhausts lol.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
What about adding one of those vibrant resonators to get rid of the echoey fart sound the mbrp makes?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
It's not enough. I've heard of 3 other people that went that route but it still didn't do it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL
Gotcha. The couple mbrp’s ive heard, you can totally tell that it’s a resonator in front of several feet of pipe, it just sounds echoey and is not what I’m looking for- I do wonder if magnaflow race muffler in the tail end section would curb some of the echoes- though at that point you could just have a shop build an exhaust. Younger me would probably dig the mbrp- the echo didn’t used to bother me, I had a 1973 Mercury Monterey in high school, it was glasspacks in front of like 12 feet of exhaust pipe. It was super echoey too.

There’s a place near me that does work with full mandrel bent 3” stainless (didn’t say what grade), was quoted 350 but I need to go in and sit down and explain I want it to look as stock as possible. Maybe with a pair of slash cut stainless tips (non chromed) or a raw steel turndown or something.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There’s a place near me that does work with full mandrel bent 3” stainless (didn’t say what grade), was quoted 350 but I need to go in and sit down and explain I want it to look as stock as possible. Maybe with a pair of slash cut stainless tips (non chromed) or a raw steel turndown or something.
They more likely than not just purchase various degree bends and straight stainless tubing, and then weld up a system, since very few non-industrial/national company level places can afford a 300 series mandrel bending machine.
That's OK as long as they can properly WELD that 300 series stainless together, albeit the welds do not look 'factory'. :(

neeqness

1000 Post Club
From my research and what I've seen so far, I'm starting to lean heavily towards the Borla. It seems to have the closest sound to what I'm looking for.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I have a Friedrich Motorsport exhaust System.. Liking the sound a lot. I haven't heard other Fiesta exhausts in Person as nearly nobody modifies them in switzerland but I like it and I've got a lot of compliments for it. Currently waiting for my Friedrich Motorsport Resonator "delete" (it's a Resonator with a straight pipe welded into it) to arrive as it's too quiet. Might upload a few sound Clips then :)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Anyone try those "WWP" ebay specials for $300? It's is no-muffler but does have a resonator at the front... might be a bargain LOL!

Last edited:

redmoe

Had my local muffler shop built a 2.5 inch cat back using a single magnaflow muffler. Only cost $300 and sounds great. Not too loud and no unwanted drone. Since I am in AZ having stainless isn’t necessary.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Fswerks exhaust all day long. I have had them on three different cars.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

iso100

1000 Post Club
It's not enough. I've heard of 3 other people that went that route but it still didn't do it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I'm at CP-E having a Vibrant rear muffler welded on right now.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

I'm at CP-E having a Vibrant rear muffler welded on right now.

On an MBRP? let me know how it comes out, I'm looking to get rid of my exhaust or at least swap the muffler. I feel too old for an exhaust like this lol. I need more quiet.

iso100

1000 Post Club
On an MBRP? let me know how it comes out, I'm looking to get rid of my exhaust or at least swap the muffler. I feel too old for an exhaust like this lol. I need more quiet.

Yes! I have the 409 system. Added the Vibrant 1047 in back to replace the tips.

I should have before and after audio clips.