Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

• 2J-Racing

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • Borla

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Cobb

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 27 6.3%
  • FSWerks

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • MBRP

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Milltek

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • MRT Rally Sport

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Scorpian

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Injen

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 26 6.1%
  • Mountune

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Custom

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • TSUDO

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just installed the Ford Racing Catback on my car by Ford Racing. I believe I was told is made by someone else... Borland I was told and had it installed at Steeds in Ft Lauderdale Fl. Love the tone and and the look. But dyno feels pretty good too.....
It is made by Borla, one of the best mass market exhaust manufacturers, out of ALL 304 austenitic stainless steel.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
It is made by Borla, one of the best mass market exhaust manufacturers, out of ALL 304 austenitic stainless steel.
Sound great too!

[video=youtube;NTSJ9bBpIYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTSJ9bBpIYg[/video]

[video=youtube;ZNqk-UW3y8w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNqk-UW3y8w[/video]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^In that first vid above, do you still have the stock/factory RMM and exhaust hangers installed?
I did not realize that there was quite that much front to back movement of our systems, especially with aftermarket RMMs, and poly hangers.[???:)]

You sure do have some wicked tarmac rally-type roads up thar!! [thumb]

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
^^^In that first vid above, do you still have the stock/factory RMM and exhaust hangers installed?
I did not realize that there was quite that much front to back movement of our systems, especially with aftermarket RMMs, and poly hangers.[???:)]

You sure do have some wicked tarmac rally-type roads up thar!! [thumb]
I was sooo happy when I found that little boat launch - it was dead quiet and had some fun turns and I could stretch out 2nd gear pretty good.

That video is shot WITH the Cobb hangers AND RMM installed! There is so much movement in the whole system. I need to post a video I took just before the RMM install which shows the movement through the front axle to the engine. I also need to make a video which shows the difference now that the Cobb unit is installed.

I got a killer deal on a Magnaflow so I pulled the trigger. I've had Magnaflow on a lot of my past vehicles and I have to say I like it on my ST as well. I don't know why it reviewed so badly, maybe my standards are low lol. Nice and quiet while cruising and vicious sounding when I give it the beans with some subtle cracks and pops thrown in for good measure.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I got a killer deal on a Magnaflow so I pulled the trigger. I've had Magnaflow on a lot of my past vehicles and I have to say I like it on my ST as well. I don't know why it reviewed so badly, maybe my standards are low lol. Nice and quiet while cruising and vicious sounding when I give it the beans with some subtle cracks and pops thrown in for good measure.
They look good, and they sound good (to me).

It's just that if I am paying so much for an aftermarket system, it IS going to be ALL 304 austenitic stainless steel (and NOT '400 series'/409), especially for my area, and driven year 'round. [wink]

(I also wanted a 3" system, so that excluded A LOT of other systems for our cars.)

They look good, and they sound good (to me).

It's just that if I am paying so much for an aftermarket system, it IS going to be ALL 304 austenitic stainless steel (and NOT '400 series'/409), especially for my area, and driven year 'round. [wink]

(I also wanted a 3" system, so that precluded A LOT of other systems for our cars.)
Yeah I'm happy with it. The 409 doesn't bother me as I don't really drive it in the winter all that much. Besides, I've had Magnaflows on my vehicles for years and I've never had them rust at all and RI is known more salt on the roads than snow in the winter. 3" was going to be too loud for my liking. For $575 shipped to my door I guess I can't complain about the Magnaflow. I really liked the FS Werks exhaust as well.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Yeah I'm happy with it. The 409 doesn't bother me as I don't really drive it in the winter all that much. Besides, I've had Magnaflows on my vehicles for years and I've never had them rust at all and RI is known more salt on the roads than snow in the winter. 3" was going to be too loud for my liking. For $575 shipped to my door I guess I can't complain about the Magnaflow. I really liked the FS Werks exhaust as well.
I've had them for $555 shipped (FREE SHIPPING) since October 2016 just sayin'
http://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/fiesta-st-magnaflow-cat-back-exhaust-system

Ouch that sucks....Thanks for the heads up though, I probably should've looked a bit more. I had over $30 in eBay Bucks I needed to spend so I just bought it from eBay. My next mods will be from forum vendors for sure.

Ouch that sucks....Thanks for the heads up though, I probably should've looked a bit more. I had over $30 in eBay Bucks I needed to spend so I just bought it from eBay. My next mods will be from forum vendors for sure.

Funny thing..This morning I caught my Ford racing new cat back doing a little subtle backfire when I stretched first gear in traffic
....caught me by surprise.:)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My cp-e Nexus gave up it's first loud pop when downshifting into 2nd from about 45 mph while setting up for a sharp right hander at the end of a short bridge on the back road near my place.

This is on a PURE stock/factory tune, with the GFB DV as my only other 'engine' mod, except for an E30 mix that I am trying because I found an E85 station less than 30 miles away, which I was on the way home from at the time.
Could that mix have had anything to do with the pop??

I am almost afraid to hear what will happen once I load the Strat 'pops & crackles' V2 Flash tune. [crazyeye]

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
My cp-e Nexus gave up it's first loud pop when downshifting into 2nd from about 45 mph while setting up for a sharp right hander at the end of a short bridge on the back road near my place.

This is on a PURE stock/factory tune, with the GFB DV as my only other 'engine' mod, except for an E30 mix that I am trying because I found an E85 station less than 30 miles away, which I was on the way home from at the time.
Could that mix have had anything to do with the pop??

I am almost afraid to hear what will happen once I load the Strat 'pops & crackles' V2 Flash tune. [crazyeye]
I'm I reading this right? You're running e30 on a stock tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hmm that took me to a Intro thread, what AFR's are you seeing? Must be low 10's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I changed it, try the link now.

And I WILL eventually get a flash map, or even a full custom Strat tune for the E30 before I run any more of it. ;)

brbauer2

I have a Magnaflow (part# 16392) that I ran on my '12 SE laying in the basement. I see that for the '16 ST it is now part# 15311.

Only difference I see is from the the muffler exit back. Should I be worried about any fitment issues?

Magnaflow15311.png

Magnaflow16392.png

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^The only problem might be the tips lining up with the valance cutout for our system, from what I can see from those pics (unless the cutout locations are identical on the older base cars, and the STs? [dunno]).

brbauer2

I guess I could go the hard way and drop the rear frame and take the stock system out in one piece in case the Magnaflow doesn't fit.