Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

• 2J-Racing

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • Borla

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Cobb

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 27 6.3%
  • FSWerks

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • MBRP

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Milltek

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • MRT Rally Sport

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Scorpian

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Injen

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 26 6.1%
  • Mountune

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Custom

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • TSUDO

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ordered the Milltek Race non-res version here. Install will be on thursday or friday and a trackday on Sunday.. So excited!

Has anyone had any decibel tests done? Trackday limits are mostly 98db here in Europe. I hope it won't be too loud, I have no idea tho.
It probably depends on just how and where they measure for those 98db, in relation to the tips. ;)
[MENTION=3073]Dr.Prutteklutt[/MENTION] on here open tracks at the Ring as well, and has a Milltek system on his FiST, although I'm not sure whether or not it is resonated.

coke

I went with MAP. Fairly quiet for normal driving under 3k and no drone issues with my work commute at 75 mph. It does have a little deeper sound and rumble when rolling through neighborhoods and parking lots. When accelerating it gets fairly loud with the windows down, but not bad at all with the windows up.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I went with MAP. Fairly quiet for normal driving under 3k and no drone issues with my work commute at 75 mph. It does have a little deeper sound and rumble when rolling through neighborhoods and parking lots. When accelerating it gets fairly loud with the windows down, but not bad at all with the windows up.
Does it have the crackly pop sounds?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

coke

Does it have the crackly pop sounds?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
It's more of a burble sound. Every now and then I'll get a backfire, but not every time I decel.

I'm still running the stock downpipe, which probably helps minimize the crackle and pop sounds.

Ordered the Milltek Race non-res version here. Install will be on thursday or friday and a trackday on Sunday.. So excited!

Has anyone had any decibel tests done? Trackday limits are mostly 98db here in Europe. I hope it won't be too loud, I have no idea tho.
Replying to my own message.. I did some (not so accurate) iPhone measurements. Revving stationary, measuring around 50cm behind the car.

Revving to max rpm showed a peak of 104db. Holding rpm steady at 4500rpm shows 90db.

In case anyone else was wondering. :)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
can someone update this list

there are a few on the list ?
I'd like to see the Thermal R&D on there, it's certainly more popular than Magnaflow and Borla (and a few others) at this point.
And I think some of the euro exhausts aren't available for the 5 door unless I'm mistaken.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION] do you have any links with sound clips? Excluding the ones from the manufacturer.

Sent from my CIA monitored device

koozy

3000 Post Club
@<a href="http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/member.php?u=235" target="_blank">koozy</a> do you have any links with sound clips? Excluding the ones from the manufacturer.

Sent from my CIA monitored device
there's several on youtube.

[video=youtube;aWNpkqK8LtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWNpkqK8LtI[/video]

[video=youtube;3MNkOEoaOt4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MNkOEoaOt4[/video]

What's the second loudest (since MBRP seems to wear that crown) exhaust? I have the MBRP 409 but highway drone is terrible and I don't want to keep buying exhausts lol.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Well it would have been the promised, but undelivered, 3" Tomei titanium system, but since it seems that they have abandoned us PERMANENTLY, I'm not sure which of the stainless systems are the most featherweight.

One also must consider the system's SIZE in tubing diameter, since that directly effects the mass, and it is pomegranates to broccoli to compare the weights of a 2.25"/2.5" system to a 3" system. [wink]

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I want the side exit but I'm debating just going to the exhuast shop so they can make me one for half the cost

Bummer to hear about the Tomei!

As for the side exhaust, I believe a local member Klink has that exhaust. Sounds nice and i'm sure it's light but perhaps a little too much race car for me.

I want the side exit but I'm debating just going to the exhuast shop so they can make me one for half the cost
I saw it on sale for around $350 a few months ago, which I know I couldn't build it for that cost (I priced the materials through vibrant). I will hold out for it to come down in price and if not, I am getting better with stainless and tig welding. May have a go at it myself.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
It's going up and up. It was 399 for a while but this past month it went up again so no I'm really going towards exhuast shop