Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock Boost PSI?

I tried searching but as always come up empty handed...I know I've read it on here before but can't seem to find it...what is stock boost for the 14 FiST? Thanks for any and all info.

Stock "overboost" is 21 psi for up to ten seconds. I want to say after the overboost it's supposed to max at 13 (but I could be wrong about that number. Are you seeing lower than expected boost pressure?

OP
JC1378
Thread Starter #3
Just curious...I've had some people ask me about the boost pressure and I thought it was 21 psi on overboost but wasn't sure without overboost...thanks for the info wwuchris

When mine was bone stock it wouldn't climb above 19. Now with a downpipe and new charge pipes I frequently see 21-22

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Stock OEM tune is around 19psi in overboost and around 16-17 when not in overboost. You would have to be doing crazy long hwy pulls to not see overboost though.

Keep in mind, that the OEM tune does not target a specific psi level for boost control, so the above is approximate.

XuperXero

I've hit 25 before ECU pulled it back, I think that was some special circumstances... It only happened once.

on my SCT Xcal4 data log tonight just a quick 2nd and 3rd gear WOT pull it was 17.5 PSI.

Having an issue with my Livewire TS+. I'm only showing 10psi max on boost numbers with the tuner. No tune yet that I know of so not sure what's the issue is. This SCT Livewire was originally loaded with Ford trucks in mind however it has been unmarried. I am only using the data screen to view various data pids. A/f ratio, coolant temp, ect all seem to be correct however boost psi still never rises above 10. Any thoughts

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My vehicle is a 2015 FiST with cobb catback and cobb intake. Unsure of any other mods as I just purchased it from a dealer in Louisiana.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Start with the easy stuff. Check all the boost hoses. A loose one could cause that.

Also, if it has all that Cobb stuff, it's a sure bet the PO had a tune on it.

I was addressing josh_101_101, btw. Don't want to be confusing.

Start with the easy stuff. Check all the boost hoses. A loose one could cause that.

Also, if it has all that Cobb stuff, it's a sure bet the PO had a tune on it.

I was addressing josh_101_101, btw. Don't want to be confusing.
Thanks man, I'm a former Ford technician so I'm not the bit green behind the ears. All I've done besides lift it and look for any obvious mods are an oil change. I've been in a few 1.6l escape engine before so not worried about finding my way around. With that said I would figure I'd get a code for boost not at desired level? Pretty sure i remember working on a EcoBoost that would store a code if pressure was not at desired points.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks man, I'm a former Ford technician so I'm not the bit green behind the ears. All I've done besides lift it and look for any obvious mods are an oil change. I've been in a few 1.6l escape engine before so not worried about finding my way around. With that said I would figure I'd get a code for boost not at desired level? Pretty sure i remember working on a EcoBoost that would store a code if pressure was not at desired points.

Well, then, you would know if the hoses weren't right. I still think that if the PO put an intake and a downpipe on it, it got a tune, too. It would be stupid not to.

This is not an Escape. The aftermarket for the Escape is roof racks and trailer hitches. You can give it a tune, I guess, but why would you? It's fast enough for the job, stock.

The FiST is for the proud and dwindling few in the US who really like to drive a fun car. The aftermarket reflects that.

So I've finally figured out what happened and why I was getting only 10psi out of the FiST. Had a code for turbo bypass valve circuit high that made the car go into limited power mode. Once reset car is more alive like I've never felt. Not sure what a tune will do but I do not think 9-12psi difference is going to be felt like it was to get out of "limp" mode. Now I'm loving this car even more!
About the code, since it was a history fault and not currently present nothing I can do till it reappears. Till then I'm boostin away!