Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mud flaps

^ what he said
I currently have the Rokblokz but eventually plan to buy the rally armor.

Is it possible to easily take these off if you don't like the look anymore? I know you have to drill some holes and drill out a rivet or two, does it leave gaping holes in the wheel well?

Is it possible to easily take these off if you don't like the look anymore? I know you have to drill some holes and drill out a rivet or two, does it leave gaping holes in the wheel well?
Three small holes on each front fender liner that you can plug with a plastic interior plug. The rear a nut and bolt or a new rivet.

I've got my Rally Armor flaps on the way. Black flaps/red logo on OW FiST. Havent seen that particular color scheme before, hope it looks good.

PhoenixM3

I've got my Rally Armor flaps on the way. Black flaps/red logo on OW FiST. Havent seen that particular color scheme before, hope it looks good.
Strife, please post photos when you get the RAs installed! I too have an OW FiST and like the idea of having flaps during the winter/rainy season.

Absolutely will be posting some pictures. It's pretty much always the rainy season where I live, so they're a must. The flaps arrive at my door step this coming Tuesday and I should have them installed by that following weekend.

jayrod1980

Does anyone have a how to guide up on how to install the RokBlokz? I got the short kit and I'm going to attempt to install them tomorrow but it comes with some strange hardware. Any help would be appreciated.

jayrod1980

So my friend and I attempted to put the RokBlokz on and I have to say... total failure. The things don't sit flush insert for the hole you drill is so fragile that its very hard to get any purchase on it with the screw, which then the whole insert pulls halfway out of the drilled hole, leaving you with gap in the flaps. The material of the flaps and the packaging is great... I just couldn't go through with the install after them having so much of a gap. I really like the way RokBlokz makes their product, I just don't think the stock holes in the wheel well are the ideal spot to mount flaps. Are the rally armor more flush? I really hate that long flappy look. I had high hopes! Hopefully I will find another solution because I hate chipped paint!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
So my friend and I attempted to put the RokBlokz on and I have to say... total failure. The things don't sit flush insert for the hole you drill is so fragile that its very hard to get any purchase on it with the screw, which then the whole insert pulls halfway out of the drilled hole, leaving you with gap in the flaps. The material of the flaps and the packaging is great... I just couldn't go through with the install after them having so much of a gap. I really like the way RokBlokz makes their product, I just don't think the stock holes in the wheel well are the ideal spot to mount flaps. Are the rally armor more flush? I really hate that long flappy look. I had high hopes! Hopefully I will find another solution because I hate chipped paint!
For me the Rally Armor looks much cleaner. The extra molded part supplied help to remove the gap. You do need to adjust the bracket shape until it is flush. They hardware is also extremely well though out but I did and recommend using thread lock. Here are some older dirty pictures. If you want more let me know.

IMG-20150826-00254.jpg
IMG-20150826-00255.jpg

jayrod1980

Wow that looks great! Rally Armor made relatively small ones for the Fiesta compared to the truck flaps they make for Subarus!

I just got done watching the instructional video from CJ Pony. I noticed they take the wheels off. I have limited space at the moment. Can you install these without taking off the wheels?

Also I see a lot of complaints about the threads working loose. You just use some Loctite on the threads? I wish I had bought these from the beginning but they were just so expensive. If I can install them so I don't have to keep adjusting and tightening screws I might have to buy this kit.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Wow that looks great! Rally Armor made relatively small ones for the Fiesta compared to the truck flaps they make for Subarus!

I just got done watching the instructional video from CJ Pony. I noticed they take the wheels off. I have limited space at the moment. Can you install these without taking off the wheels?

Also I see a lot of complaints about the threads working loose. You just use some Loctite on the threads? I wish I had bought these from the beginning but they were just so expensive. If I can install them so I don't have to keep adjusting and tightening screws I might have to buy this kit.
For the front you should be able to leave the wheels on and turn them one way and that the other for the other side. Taking off the wheels off for the back is best as that rivet to drill is a pain. I would recommend taking the wheels off for less swearing.

Yes I used medium/removable thread lock(blue) on all the screws/nuts and nothings has losen in 4 months or 10k miles. I even doubled check a few times. Winter will be the extreme test. And one had to be repositionned as I did not tighten enought.