Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Piercemotorsports 4130 Chromoly 4 point lower tiebar!

We've built a 2 point lower tiebar and a 4 point lower subframe brace to help minimize the deflection in the stock crossmember/a-arm mounts and stiffen up the crossmember overall. The 2 point brace bolts to the front of the a-arm bolts and keeps the control arm mounts from flexing which reduces the toe change in both braking and acceleration. The 4 point brace does the same and adds additional strength throughout the crossmember/front chassis by attaching to the rear subframe bolts as well. I can say that the 2 point brace on a daily driven streetcar has a nice feel/improvement on steering input while the 4 point brace is much more noticeable.

We're asking our front wheels/a-arms and crossmember to do so much with these cars---of course they accelerate the 2700+lbs/deal with nearly 200fpt (and more in some cases) and I don't know too many ST owners who are "gentle" with the throttle pedal! Then even more importantly we're asking the front to do nearly 65% of the braking and in a hurry---finally the front control arms are getting loaded and unloaded everytime we change direction/add steering input---there is massive amounts of movement/deflection down there that changes geometry all the time...

We made our bars out of chromoly for both the strength and weight savings---never understood why companies would build bars out of ERW/1020 seamed mild steel to save a couple of dollars a foot and a bit of wear and tear on equipment/consumables...Both bars require removing the front a-arm bolts while the 4 point requires the rear subframe bolts to be removed as well. The install is very easy, and can be done by an average person with a floor jack and handtools in less than an hour! We'll be adding these to the catalog later this month but they are available now at a reduced price with free shipping for $200 even here in the states and $220 to Canada. You'll get your choice of color through the end of the year before we're forced to go to batch coating them all. Please give me a PM to order with your shipping zipcode and I'll get back to you immediately with payment info-thanks!!!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Wow... That looks really awesome !! Really cool. Not that matters a ton (pun intended), but what does it weigh?

OP
P
Thread Starter #3
Wow... That looks really awesome !! Really cool. Not that matters a ton (pun intended), but what does it weigh?
Thanks!!! It comes in at just about 4lbs give or take a few ounces. I drove home with it tonight---there's a section I take that goes over railroad tracks and through an oil refinery where the road drops away and is an off camber decreasing radius turn---so much more confidence inspiring with the brace than without---less chatter as well when at the limit (not saying I broke the speed limit!)...

k757

looks excellent!!

Do you have a pic with your 2 point lower tiebar and a 4 point lower subframe brace both installed?
thanks

OP
P
Thread Starter #5

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
very nice...

Is it the angle of the pics or is the bar a bit too close to the IC pipe? I'm having Cobb install their FMIC kit on my FiST soon and wondering if the bar fitment would be an issue with Cobb's IC hardpipe kit which appears to hang slightly lower than the stock setup?

OP
P
Thread Starter #7
It clears the stock pipe nicely, but is very close to the cobb pipe---we've already made adjustments for the jig to clear it so folks can order it either way-thanks!!!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
It clears the stock pipe nicely, but is very close to the cobb pipe---we've already made adjustments for the jig to clear it so folks can order it either way-thanks!!!

thanks! and that's great to hear...after I finish up over at Cobb this week I'll probably be ordering one of these as well as a strut tower brace soon there after...

OP
P
Thread Starter #9
Also we just got Willow Springs for a day in October---looks like you might be pretty close if you want to come out---I'll do a press release/invite in another thread, but here's a quick announcement.

Hey Guys,

Super excited to be able to announce this---we've been working on it for a couple of months and have got a day locked down with a good promoter/friend. The event will be held in Rosamond, California about an hour from Los Angeles at Willow Springs International Raceway! It'll be Thursday, October 23RD and will go from about 8am until 5pm and then over to the local watering hole/Mexican joint to talk about how unbelievably fast we all are! This is a performance driving event so your bringing your car and a helmet---and get ready to drive on the fastest roadrace course in North America! We'll be offering classroom instruction in the morning to get everyone familiar with the track and track etiquette, and then doing station wagon sessions with everyone around the track pointing out important details---then we'll ride with you/personal one on one instruction and get you up to speed quickly. These events offer the most track time of any I've ever been to---most organizations offer 4 20 minute sessions per day (which include an out lap/warm up and a cool down lap)---your always in a rush and stressed waiting on the grid to get the most of your track time---with this event you'll get 4 hours of track time (and then in the middle of the afternoon he opens it up for everyone!). If your not into driving, come on out anyways and just hang out/experience the roadcourse event---at lunch time for an hour you'll be able to drive around the track at 55mph (or somewhere around there!). I'll personally be there coaching and will take everyone around the track at speed in our track prepared Time Attack Veloster Turbo! If you sign up for the event to drive then you can count on driving our car to experience all the Piercemotorsports products for yourself. We've already got a Veloster owner flying in from back east to do the event---so no excuses that it's too far!!! I'll post updates as they become available---we'll also have photographers there to take photo's of you and your car on the track for bragging rights later---we're going to be giving away products for the most improved drivers (no sand-baggers!!) and at the end of the day drinks are on ME (no professional drinkers allowed!!!).

Count me in! I love willow springs! Ccw or cw??

Where can I sign up:)

Also we just got Willow Springs for a day in October---looks like you might be pretty close if you want to come out---I'll do a press release/invite in another thread, but here's a quick announcement.

Hey Guys,

Super excited to be able to announce this---we've been working on it for a couple of months and have got a day locked down with a good promoter/friend. The event will be held in Rosamond, California about an hour from Los Angeles at Willow Springs International Raceway! It'll be Thursday, May 9th and will go from about 8am until 5pm and then over to the local watering hole/Mexican joint to talk about how unbelievably fast we all are! This is a performance driving event so your bringing your car and a helmet---and get ready to drive on the fastest roadrace course in North America! We'll be offering classroom instruction in the morning to get everyone familiar with the track and track etiquette, and then doing station wagon sessions with everyone around the track pointing out important details---then we'll ride with you/personal one on one instruction and get you up to speed quickly. These events offer the most track time of any I've ever been to---most organizations offer 4 20 minute sessions per day (which include an out lap/warm up and a cool down lap)---your always in a rush and stressed waiting on the grid to get the most of your track time---with this event you'll get 4 hours of track time (and then in the middle of the afternoon he opens it up for everyone!). If your not into driving, come on out anyways and just hang out/experience the roadcourse event---at lunch time for an hour you'll be able to drive around the track at 55mph (or somewhere around there!). I'll personally be there coaching and will take everyone around the track at speed in our track prepared Time Attack Veloster Turbo! If you sign up for the event to drive then you can count on driving our car to experience all the Piercemotorsports products for yourself. We've already got a Veloster owner flying in from back east to do the event---so no excuses that it's too far!!! I'll post updates as they become available---we'll also have photographers there to take photo's of you and your car on the track for bragging rights later---we're going to be giving away products for the most improved drivers (no sand-baggers!!) and at the end of the day drinks are on ME (no professional drinkers allowed!!!).

OP
P
Thread Starter #11
Count me in! I love willow springs! Ccw or cw??

Where can I sign up:)
Awesome-be good to see another ST out there! It's CW---actually it's the big track so they'll only run it the one way---I guess the bikes complain when the cars run it the other way---leaves rubber in the wrong place. I'll post info for signing up here and in the other thread I start-looking forward to meeting you!

Ohh i thought it was streets. but even better. I have a love hate relationship with big willow! Lol I've only done that course in my mr2. Scary high speed course! Ill bring a few of us Vegas guys out to this event. Should be fun!

OP
P
Thread Starter #13
Yeah turn 9 is pretty intimidating there for sure. I think I can get Dave to head out---probably have a few ST's then!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Yeah turn 9 is pretty intimidating there for sure. I think I can get Dave to head out---probably have a few ST's then!

Can you please clarify the date.
I think it said in your post May, 9th.

Dave

OP
P
Thread Starter #16
Absolutely---thanks Dave, it is October 23RD 2014 (next month) at Willow Spring, the BIG TRACK!!!!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I think I can make this.
I will just need to reschedule my work for that day.
Do you have a link to a sign-up page?
Along with any other required information.

Dave

OP
P
Thread Starter #18
I'll post up a thread by itself and link back to it with all the signup info---it'll be a week or two knowing the organizer...

Wow thats like octane academy. Maybe I can make it out but i have no helmet. Front strut/brace bar looks sweet though. how does it affedt daily driving/cornering? Im really focused on DD mods for now