Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BoostBumps RaceRed Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #23
Very clean install, looks great! [cheers]
Hey thanks guys!

Now that the CAI is finally done its onto my next upgrades...

Here's a summary of mods currently completed and future plans...

Current Performance Mods Completed:
- Cobb AP Stg3 91 v200
- Cobb Turboback
- Cobb FMIC
- Cobb IC Hardpipes
- Cobb CAI
- Cobb RMM
- Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels (17x7 ET42)

Detailing Mods Completed:
- Dead Pedal
- Cobb Knob
- Window Tint (30% Fronts / 15% Rears)
- Cover Craft Sun Shade
- Fog Film Covers (Light Tint)
- Fiesta Badge Removed
- Perrin Super Shorty Antenna
- AP A-Pillar Mount

Future Mod Plans:
- Suspension
- Turbo Upgrade
- Pro-Tune

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Looks awesome man. I'm jealous to have Cobb so close. I know people say things about their prices and all that but I still look toward them for all my parts.

I'll be saving up and getting the Turboback and FMIC from them, even knowing there are cheaper options out there.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Just ordered my COBB IC and man its difficult to even find one. Everybody is sold out. Anyway will be ordering the DP in a few days as well. HOw does the car feel toward the top of the RPM band since you've done these mods.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #26
Just ordered my COBB IC and man its difficult to even find one. Everybody is sold out. Anyway will be ordering the DP in a few days as well. HOw does the car feel toward the top of the RPM band since you've done these mods.
Congrats...I think you'll be very pleased with the Cobb IC...I know I've been....Even after a few back to back WOT pulls I'm not seeing charge temps raise by any more than a 5*~6* (F) which I was quite happy to see ...

Currently with all the mods I've installed the FiST is now far more responsive and linear in its power delivery...And you definitely can feel the difference in performance over the entire power band...I'm hoping to have everything ProTuned by Cobb very soon and will then be able to post some numbers and curves to get a better idea as to where things currently stand....

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #27
Looks awesome man. I'm jealous to have Cobb so close. I know people say things about their prices and all that but I still look toward them for all my parts.

I'll be saving up and getting the Turboback and FMIC from them, even knowing there are cheaper options out there.

oh hey thanks Kip! ( sorry I missed your post)...I'm very pleased with the progress made within the last few short months of owning my FiST...The team at Cobb has really been great to work with and has provided outstanding service, support, and surprisingly reasonable pricing considering the quality of product they do offer...Its also nice to know they back both their parts and installations...

However, I did decide to install the Cobb CAI myself...only took me 40 min....

So now with all the basic breathing and exhaust mods completed and out of the way I'm now thinking about installing a new Turbo and have the guys at Cobb tune it all out...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #28
New Wheels Ordered....

Just ordered new wheels for the FiST today through America's Tires (with TireRack price match)...should have them installed by Wed...

Sparco Assetto Gara (Black)

Size: 17x7
Offset: 42mm
Bolt Pattern: 4-108
Weight: 17.9lbs.
Finish: Black Painted

sparco_ag_b_ci3_l.jpg

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I was going to go with them but in the dark charcoal for my car. But I hear bad reviews about them bending and cracking. :\

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #30
I was going to go with them but in the dark charcoal for my car. But I hear bad reviews about them bending and cracking. :\
Yeah we all hear lots of things....LOL...I try to filter most reviews in which you never get the real story.....I'm not concerned...

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Haha. That's true. I'll admit they scare me a little bit but only because of the damn pot holes in the city. If I still lived in PA they'd be first choice for sure.

I'm leaning more toward the Ford Racing multispoked wheel. It's the same weight as our current stockers but I love the look of them and I think they're solid design will do good on city streets.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #32
Haha. That's true. I'll admit they scare me a little bit but only because of the damn pot holes in the city. If I still lived in PA they'd be first choice for sure.
Yeah..like I said, you have to consider the source and "how" the wheel may or may not have been abused....Actually the majority of reviews I've researched on them on quite positive...

Here...Check out the Soobie forum (below) where the Assetto Gara wheels have been discussed and reviewed for over 3 years now...Pretty much most of the rebiews are quite favorable with really no mention of cracking or bending them..

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2149011

Also we have fairly decent road surfaces where I'm currently living which are far more forgiving...

You just reminded me of the time I hit a pot hole with a Mercedes SLK 32AMG I owned and ended up cracking the stock AMG wheel while living up in SF a number of years ago...And they were fairly rugged wheels...

razorlab

1000 Post Club
I bounce off berms and curbing at the track in them and so far so good. You can check out my track video if you want.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #34
I bounce off berms and curbing at the track in them and so far so good. You can check out my track video if you want.
that's good to hear! and btw....thx for posting your recent track video and data...I'm sure 30F difference in ambient temps this time around made quite a difference.....looks like you had a good time too....

Young L

holy crap gettin that sound symposer off by itself took 20mins! You must have some small hands to get to that clamp down there, I just put the plug in and took out the rest of the piping up to the spot behind the battery.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #36
holy crap gettin that sound symposer off by itself took 20mins! You must have some small hands to get to that clamp down there, I just put the plug in and took out the rest of the piping up to the spot behind the battery.
Yeah it does help to have small hands....LOL

I also used some long reach pliers to get to the clamp...

long-reach-pliers-1127.jpg

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I can tell you from my experience with those same sparcos and 45 series gmax tires they bend easy. Avoid potholes at all costs.
You live in cali so your roads arent as bad as the northeast but still avoid potholes or any bumps at high speeds...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #38
I can tell you from my experience with those same sparcos and 45 series gmax tires they bend easy. Avoid potholes at all costs.
You live in cali so your roads arent as bad as the northeast but still avoid potholes or any bumps at high speeds...
hey thx for the heads up...Honestly, I've found that's usually pretty much the case with most lighter weight gravity cast wheels currently available...there's always a trade off...And I've cracked and bent a few different types of wheels over the years primarily in areas I've lived with crappy roads (most of those were when I was living back east years ago where the winters are really brutal on road surfaces....ouch!!)

btw...this is why I always purchase all my wheels through America's Tire and have them install them...They're very good on price matching and also will back them with a lifetime structural and 1 year finish warranty...

I'm also thankful that we have very well maintained roads where I live....Its the damn speed bumps I'll have to pay closer attention to!

Young L

Dude I used those same pliers and it was still a pain, LoL. I got the same rubber plug as you tho I think I would have gone up in size seems like the 1 - 1 1\8 is almost maxed out in that hole the one that goes up to 1 1/2 I think would be a better fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Community Posts