Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BoostBumps RaceRed Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #41
What's the point of blocking it anyway? Just curious.
I mentioned why earlier in the thread...

1) Simply plugging the source on the charge pipe that feeds the symposer box you no longer hear those hollow swirling sounds which often occur during low-mid throttle accelerations...And quite frankly now I can really enjoy hearing my Cobb exhaust system which now sounds far better even in the cabin while cruising after that sound symposer function was effectively removed from the system...

And yes if your only interested in not channeling the sound into the cabin you could just simply remove the symposer tube after the box which leads to the cabin...

But more importantly (IMO)....

2) In taking into consideration that raising the boost levels higher with my current tune and some future projects planned I simply wasn't comfortable having that much boost pressure channeled to a sound symposer box diaphragm which could get damaged over time and cause some problematic leaks to occur since the symposer source is taken directly off the charge pipe...

Eventually I'd like to have a pipe fabricated to replace the current stock pipe that connects from IC hardpipe (cold side) to the throttle body which would eliminate the port leading to the symposer...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #42
Dude I used those same pliers and it was still a pain, LoL. I got the same rubber plug as you tho I think I would have gone up in size seems like the 1 - 1 1\8 is almost maxed out in that hole the one that goes up to 1 1/2 I think would be a better fit
The size used fits firmly and is snug enough (its not going anywhere)...And had you used the next size up it wouldn't have fit into port without having to shave it down...

Young L

The size used fits firmly and is snug enough (its not going anywhere)...And had you used the next size up it wouldn't have fit into port without having to shave it down...
definitely its not going anywhere. when i put the plug in started to tighten it and it just spun then i realized I should take it out expand it some more then put it in and finish tightening it. Felt like it was a bit more work than necessary but by that point i was already pissed with how hard it was to get the pipe off in the first place. I definitely cursed your name a couple of time, LoL.

All this goes right over my head. Ha. Thanks though.
to me the sound symposer on the stock car makes it sound like it has an aftermarket intake. It just channels the noise from the intake into the drivers compartment to "enhance the driving experience". It becomes even more noticeable when you really get on the car like I did this past weekend at the Hockenhiem Ring, its much more tailorable to drive now.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #44
definitely its not going anywhere. when i put the plug in started to tighten it and it just spun then i realized I should take it out expand it some more then put it in and finish tightening it. Felt like it was a bit more work than necessary but by that point i was already pissed with how hard it was to get the pipe off in the first place. I definitely cursed your name a couple of time, LoL.
LOL!! your welcome :)

And that's exactly how I approached it by pre-tightening the plug...but I really can't say I experienced the same level of frustration...but glad it all worked out for you...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #45
New Wheels Installed (10/30/2014)

Sparco Assetto Gara

Purchased and installed through America's Tire with TireRack price match...

Size: 17x7
Offset: 42mm
Weight: 17.9lbs
Finish: Satin Black
Lugnuts: Satin Black

Sparco Wheels Shipping Box.jpg

Sparco Wheels Shipping Box Open.jpg

Sparco Wheels ready for mount.jpg

Low profile counter weight (paint prep) ...And no it wasn't necessary to use the entire lengths of each strip! ;)
Sparco Wheels Weight Balance Paint Prep.jpg

Sparco Wheels Installed Closeup 2.jpg

Sparco Wheels Installed 1b.jpg

Sparco Wheels Installed 2.jpg

Sparco Wheels Installed 3.jpg

Sparco Wheels Installed Closeup 3.jpg

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #48
damn that's a lot of weights!
LOL....Each of those low profile counterweight strips shown weren't entirely used or needed to balance each wheel....They just pulled 4 uncut strip lengths out of the box and laid them out in order to paint them before using what was needed for balancing...Kinda thought that would be obvious by just posting a pic..... I went back and added a note in the pic so its now clear to others....I just really hate seeing silver counter balance weights on black wheels which really stand out..

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Yea tirerack puts black weights on black wheels if you order the wheel/tire combo from them... I thought it was nice.

Nice wheels, they look familiar. ;)

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #51
Yea tirerack puts black weights on black wheels if you order the wheel/tire combo from them... I thought it was nice.

Nice wheels, they look familiar. ;)
And thanks...After actually seeing what these wheels looked like on your FiST I thought they presented a very well balanced overall look and had to have them!....I also followed your lead and made sure the lugs were also satin black as well..

Sparco Wheels Installed Closeup 2.jpg

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #52
Protune at Cobb SoCal (11/21/2014)

Visited Cobb SoCal yesterday and had the FiST ProTuned by Jon Hebbeln...

Cobb also performed a comprehensive "pre" dyno tune boost leak check...

Very pleased with the final results and this is probably as good as it gets with the FiST's stock turbo and using good ol' CA 91 oct!

219whp / 300wtq (91 Octane)

Current Mods:

- Cobb ProTune (slot1-23psi / slot2-19psi / slot3-ECO / slot4-stg3 OTS / slot5-Valet)
- Cobb Turboback
- Cobb FMIC
- Cobb IC Hardpipes
- Cobb CAI

Protune 11212014.jpg

Visited Cobb SoCal yesterday and had the FiST ProTuned by Jon Hebbein...

Very pleased with the final results and this is probably as good as it gets with the FiST's stock turbo and using good ol' CA 91 oct!

Current Mods:

- Cobb ProTune (slot1-23psi / slot2-19psi / slot3-ECO / slot4-stg3 OTS / slot5-Valet)
- Cobb Turboback
- Cobb FMIC
- Cobb IC Hardpipes
- Cobb CAI

View attachment 2732
Awesome results

Visited Cobb SoCal yesterday and had the FiST ProTuned by Jon Hebbein...

Current Mods:

- Cobb Turboback
- Cobb FMIC
- Cobb IC Hardpipes
- Cobb CAI

View attachment 2732
Do you have a stock dyno pull or something from earlier that day to compare to?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #55
Do you have a stock dyno pull or something from earlier that day to compare to?

I never did one back when it was all stock...

But here was the stg3 91 v200 OTS vs the Protune we ran to compare to...quite a bit was picked up midband range

Cobb Protune vs stg3 OTS 11212014.jpg

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
What size tires are you running? I looked about into the thread and unless I missed, I couldn't find it. Thanks.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #58
What size tires are you running? I looked about into the thread and unless I missed, I couldn't find it. Thanks.
They're the stock summer tires which I'm not having any problems with here in SoCal....

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #59
Those are some healthy numbers! Congrats
thanks...I was pretty surprised and happy with those numbers as well coming from a mustang dyno (which are usually fairly conservative) with a stock turbo still installed and running good ol' SoCal 91 oct pump gas....

A larger turbo followed up by another ProTune is my next upgrade btw!

Status
Not open for further replies.